This role is in the rapidly growing Hydrogen and CCUS business, as the Power Advisor for our client’s flagship Net Zero Power and Carbon Capture project.
Our client is the operator of the project, a Gas with Carbon Capture power plant. Decarbonisation is expected to drive a doubling of electricity demand in the UK by 2050, and this project will provide low carbon flexible power that is increasingly needed to complement the expansion in intermittent renewable sources.
The Power Advisor will be responsible for leading power business model negotiations with the UK government, developing and negotiating offtake agreements, and providing power expertise to the project.
- Lead negotiations with the UK government on the Dispatchable Power Agreement underpinning the project.
- Lead development of the projects power marketing strategy.
- Lead negotiation of offtake agreements.
- Manage electricity connection agreements.
- Manage delivery of project economics and power market analysis in support of negotiations.
- Manage key internal and external power stakeholder relationships.
- Provide UK power expertise to the project team and contractors in support of key technical decisions.
- Support delivery of project financing activities.
- Support development of operating models and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide updates to management and partners as required.
- Provide coaching and development to the wider team as required.
- Significant experience in project development and/or trading in the GB power market.
- Experience in power market analysis.
- Experience in negotiating agreements.
- Experience in low-carbon sectors.
- Self-motivation, a high level of individual initiative, and ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work in a high activity environment.
- Ability to influence and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and communication skills.