Location: London, UK.
LSP have partnered with an experienced, fast growing Renewable Energy Developer in the UK to recruit for an exciting Financial Controller position. Our client have over 400MW of assets under their management and the role will support the Finance Director whilst strengthening the finance team.
Role and key responsibilities:
- Managing the reporting of our partnership projects.
- As the financial controller you will be responsible for managing the Management accountant and funding structures of the project vehicles and support the leadership on transactional accounting and financial due diligence.
- Managing and reporting to the board of our main operational companies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the reporting and presentation of cost accounting and forecasting to stakeholders and partners.
- Managing the reporting of our clients partnership projects and supporting the leadership team to support its growth through the development partnerships.
- The group company have recently launched its three-year strategy to focus on five pillars of the business across a variety of connected but separate technologies and opportunities within the renewable energy development sector. As the Financial controller you will be responsible for the design of tailor made processes to support the development and sourcing teams across these core activities as well as the operation and ongoing control.
- Management of management accountant
- Review of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations for a number of project vehicles.
- Preparation and review of budgets
- Monthly review of head office consolidation
- Identification and review of Monthly KPI reporting
- Review of VAT returns
- Lead Responsible for banking liaison
- Liaison with auditors and preparation and management of audit files as required.
- Ad hoc activity to provide support to the leadership team relating to existing and potential investments. Specifically transaction accounting Financial due diligence of portfolio disposals.
- Due to the small nature of the company there will be a number of ad hoc duties that will assist the accounting team and investment managers.
- Well-presented individual with outgoing personality
- Qualified CIMA ACCA or ACA, with at least two years post qual accounts experience.
- Strong A-levels
- Strong knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- Accounting package experience Sage/ xero/ Tas
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to take responsibility and work with limited supervision
- A reliable, honest and discreet individual
- Strong communication and personal skills
- Although no previous experience of the low carbon sector is required it will be advantageous if the candidate is able to demonstrate an understanding of working in a reporting environment such as Investment management or practice