Our client is an investment and development company across renewable energy space in Europe set up in 2021 and part of a larger Group which is headquartered in the United States. Our client is a development full-service engineering, procurement, and construction company that specialises in building solar, wind, and battery storage projects capable of generating and storing clean renewable energy across Europe and the US. They have their headquarters in Mayfair, London, UK and operate across European markets such as Italy, Spain and Croatia. Their short-term plan is to develop 1GW of solar projects by end of 2022. The team has full-range of capabilities to bring projects to Commercial-Operation-Date (COD) and increase the project value across the project implementation timeline. The longer term plan is for 4GW over 5 years.
This role will seek out solar projects across Europe and present for outright acquisition/M&A or at advanced stages of development. The Development Director will build the advanced project pipeline. This role is pivotal to the success of the European Group, the role holder will grow the late-stage development pipeline. You will support the execution strategy and financial closing process alongside the Managing Director.
Our client is seeking to exploit the exciting new opportunities across Europe in line with the U.S., and they are seeking to purchase late-stage projects as well as those already under construction. This position can be based in London or mainland Europe, the key to this role is the relationships and contacts the incumbent has as well as the knowledge of the landscape and status of projects in UK and Europe.
Experience throughout the PV project development process from greenfield all the way through to construction is required.
The Role Will Involve:
• Greenfield development – establishing our client’s European development projects. A thorough understanding of the development process is required including land prospecting and grid availability research.
• Co-development – identifying local development partners, negotiating co-development agreements and managing the development process.
Key activities and Responsibilities:
• Identifying Project and Partnership opportunities to grow the later stage pipeline
• Defining development and execution strategy of the pipeline
• Creating standard project development processes for use by all developers in all countries
• Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing
• Work with the MD and developers to define auction strategy and bidding prices
• Define regional and global development and financing strategies and targets together with the MD
• Preparing presentations for internal investment meetings with the US Group in order to gain additional funding as required for new opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
• Highly self-motivated
• Good knowledge of the project development process
• Contract negotiation (co-development, lease/options, SPA) • Strong initiative and creative thinking
• Fluent in English and ideally another European language such as Italian
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Budget management
• Forecasting revenues, cashflows and profits
• Strong networking capability
• Existing relationships with central government and local authorities, other project developers and supply chain partners
• Understanding of PV and competing technologies
• Understanding and use of financial modelling
• Willingness to travel extensively