Location: The position is located in London preferably with flexibility on work from home or elsewhere with weekly/fortnightly visits to London Office.
The Cost Engineer/Manager will be responsible for the appropriate management and control of cost elements for a 1.5 GW UK offshore wind project. They will be working within an integrated project team established by the joint venture partners to develop and deliver the project. The role will reporting to the Project Controls Manager.
In particular his/her responsibilities include:
- Creation and administration of forecasts for the development costs of the offshore wind project
- In due course, create and manage the preparation of Capex and Opex cost books for the offshore wind project
- Prepare the monthly budget/cost checks and reporting the cost forecast/actuals to Project Management team (PMT). Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
- Challenge the team to achieve greater cost efficiency
- Support of package managers and procurement officers with the structural and consistent build-up of the costs
- Provide input into the Financial Model
- Control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Having/building in-depth knowledge and understanding of contract(s) of assigned packages to enable challenge of all project cost detail
- Liaison with Commercial and Finance team to assist with internal reporting of accruals and agreeing cash calls
- Create and manage the cost gathering to facilitate eventual assessment for the OFTO transaction
- Attending project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external parties
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Excellent demonstrable working experience in project cost control tools and methods
- Knowledge of the offshore wind industry and previous offshore wind farm or comparable infrastructure experience
- Formal qualification relevant to the Cost Engineer/Manager role such as accounting, financial control or quantity surveying would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Excellent understanding of complex tasks, ability to work autonomously with great rigour and precision
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Ability to work as a member of a large, multidisciplinary team,
- Ability to use MS Office with strong excel knowledge and other relevant software packages