The successful candidate for this hands-on position must have a thorough understanding of the O&M scope of work, encompassing LV, MV, and HV electrical and communication systems. The position will oversee day-to-day operations, health and safety performance, client communication, environmental stewardship, quality control, budget preparation, and process improvement. This is all done in compliance with the applicable O&M agreement.
osition responsibility will include , but not be limited to:
- The position will oversee daily operations, health and safety performance, client communication, environmental stewardship, quality control, budget formulation, and process improvement for the PV power plant in compliance with the applicable O&M agreement.
- Maintain accurate records, plan supply orders with management staff, and make sure there is enough stock for projects and project staff.
- Develop weekly project schedules and goals for the site.
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects to personnel.
- Write and enforce work and equipment testing instructions and procedures, including normal and maintenance operating procedures.
- Responsible to fully understand and correlate the contract documents with the scope proposal to ensure the project is building within the contract scope (design, specifications, budget, and schedule)
- Ensure all documentation and required reports are reviewed, complete, submitted and filed.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting for electrical and mechanical systems
- Understands, supports, and administers all maintenance processes, such as the training program, surveillance program, procedure revisions to ensure effective work practices.
- Facilitate installs; maintain, modify, and repair electrical distribution systems
- Coordinate on-site project planning, installations, commissioning, quality inspections, and performance testing
- Minimum 4 Years Utility-Scale Wind, Solar, Substation technician or site management experience for an O&M business.
- NERC Compliance experience
- Previous solar or experience in the renewable industry is an advantage for this role
- Excellent problem solving, communication, decision-making and planning skill