LSP Renewables are exclusively working with IMCA (International Maritime Contractors Associate) to source a Technical Advisor on a fixed term contract. The Technical Adviser - Environmental Sustainability assists the Technical Director to deliver the Association’s work programme
• Work collaboratively with the membership to influence and drive robust environmental management and performance improvements.
• Attend and constructively participate in assigned IMCA committee(s) and workgroups, including preparing, attending, and delivering meetings, seminars and associated actions.
• Drafting of guidance documents and IMCA Information Notes.
• Consult and engage with MCA Members third-party organisations (regulators, trade and technical associations. professional bodies, clients and others).
• Monitor regulatory and technical developments which may affect IMCA Members, briefing and lobbying as appropriate.
• Prepare the Environmental Sustainability programme for IMCA seminars and other events.
• Prepare Environmental Sustainability presentations for IMCA regional meetings.
• Prepare Environmental Sustainability briefings for the senior management.
• Provide support to IMCA Members on Environmental Sustainability enquiries.
• Support IMCA’s work at the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
• Operate within the IMCA Code of Practice and business policies.
• To maintain IMCA’s values.
Key Relationships / Stakeholders
• Liaise with third party organisations – regulators, professional bodies, clients, specialist environmental organisations and others – to represent IMCA and its members.
• Promote the benefits of IMCA membership to relevant organisations.
Experience, Qualifications, Qualities
• Master’s degree. Technically knowledgeable in the field of marine environmental and oceanological matters.
• A champion for improving the marine environment
• Maturity and skills to energetically liaise with member companies, solicit ideas and initiatives, and drive forward a programme of improvement for the wider IMCA membership.
• An advocate for the reduction of carbon emissions from the IMCA membership fleet compared with the wider shipping industry.
• First class communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to work with groups of varying expertise and seniority.
• Skilled in influencing and convincing.
• Clear vision, passion and drive to lead continual improvement, implementing strategic plans.
• Ability to deliver work that is technically correct, logical and well argued.
• Strong personal skills in representing and promoting the work of IMCA.
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Specialist knowledge of environmental sustainability in the offshore marine environment.
• Knowledge of specialist research institutes active in environmental sustainability subjects.
• Knowledge of alternative fuels and emission reduction technologies.
• Knowledge of environmental legislation.
• Knowledge of oil and gas and the drivers that are required to deliver on the environmental sustainability agenda.