Location: London, UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Category Director to join our clients rapidly growing offshore wind business and support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy.
Our clients offshore wind business is responsible for the successful management and delivery of a pipeline of 15+ GW of offshore wind projects, the origination of new opportunities and partnerships as well as the provision of asset management and advisory services to third party investors.
In this newly created role, you will report to the Head of Category Management. This role requires you to take responsibility of all Wind Turbine Generator procurement and contract related matters, including:
- Development of strategic supplier relationship management with tier 1 suppliers, supplier development including for lower tiers and leverage of such relationships to support contract management effectively
- Define portfolio strategic sourcing for WTG, providing market expertise to key internal stakeholders and deriving best value to their global project portfolio
- Provide bid assumptions for each of the on-going bids
- Lead supply chain management for the product, monitoring and managing availability of components, including forecasting supply / demand and development of alternative supplies where necessary
- Provide oversight to the procurement processes and contracting strategy across the portfolio, and together with the WTG organisation deliver best in class contract frameworks to support long term operations
- Together with the relevant head of product engineering and head of WTG, challenge scope specifications to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be achieved
- Closely collaborate with the relevant project stakeholders to develop and review the procurement strategy to support competitive tender processes
You will possess significant experience in procurement for offshore Wind Turbine Generators and specifically in a category management capacity.
Outstanding negotiation, communication skills and commercial acumen coupled with strong relationship management skills are key to this role. A well-developed attention to detail with capacity to appreciate the “big picture” is a must. International travel will be required as part of your role