Location: UK based / working from home / trips to site etc.
- The General Site Manager (Offshore) (GSM) will lead, manage and co-ordinate the project’s Offshore Site Management (OSM) team.
- Reporting to the Project’s Senior Project Manager, the GSM shall be accountable for the successful delivery of the Offshore Site Management services to the Project, including HSSE, resource, budget, risk, programme and 3rd party interfaces.
- The objective for the OSM team is to prepare, tender, award and manage a number of services contracts and provide management and co-ordination services in support of the installation and commissioning activities performed by the Project’s tier 1 contractors and the project’s commissioning team.
- A key priority of the OSM team is to ensure the duties and obligations of the Principal Contractor (PC) are suitably discharged and that all work is performed in full compliance with CDM 2015 and H&S@WA 1974, along with the Project’s permit and consent obligations.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the Offshore Site Management services for the construction and commissioning phases of the project safely and within defined budgets and in accordance with the project’s programme.
- Ensure the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with CDM 2015.
- Establish and manage an OSM team with sufficient resources in terms of organisation and budget to deliver the services required to support the installation and commissioning of the Project by the Tier 1 contractors and project commissioning team without harm to people or the environment and in compliance with the Project’s permit and consent obligations.
- Interfacing and co-ordination with the wider project and/or clients organisation and project’s Tier 1 Contractors on all OSM-related matters.
- Representing the project at senior level in OSM-related matters with external 3rd party organisations and consenting/permitting bodies (to include but not limited to HSE, MMO, TCE, and neighbouring projects)
- Timely production and subsequent maintaining of all required OSM and PC-related documentation and plans to a suitably high standard.
- Routine progress reporting required by the Project’s leadership team with particular emphasis on Health, Safety and Environmental management performance and highlighting departure from plan (schedule and budget) and recovery measures.
- Financial close of contracts on completion of the work.
- Degree in a numerate subject (engineering, mathematics, science etc.) or equivalent.
- IOSH/NEBOSH Certification
- Project Management qualifications or membership of a project management association would be advantageous
- Extensive track record of managing projects comprising complex multi-contracting strategies that deliver a variety of services in support of offshore construction activities without harm to people or the environment.
- Comprehensive experience of offshore construction site management, undertaken in accordance to the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974 (H&S@WA 1974) and CDM 2015.
- Strong leadership and coordination skills and proven experience of applying a range of influencing and skills to progress work successfully.
- Effective communicator who deploys a variety of techniques to ensure that reports understand the goals and objectives, whilst fostering a collaborative working environment to derive full value from the expertise in the team.
- Highly motivated and resilient.