Join our client in this role where you’ll be part of a team of environment and consenting experts working on the largest portfolio of offshore wind farm projects in the world, which will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career. You’ll be part of UK Development where you, together with your colleagues, will join a team working in the development phase of their projects from project setup through to planning consent. As Consent Manager, you’ll lead the project development phase and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop UK offshore wind farms in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation.
· Leading the development and implementation of consenting strategies to include the EIA and HRA and stakeholder management.
· Leading on innovation and forward thinking, since the rapidly growing industry requires them to grow and adapt with it.
· Leading a consents team of several environment managers who, in turn, will lead on specific topic areas encountered during the development phase.
· Representing the Environment & Consents department and their company in relation to key stakeholders.
· Leading on defining and coordinating the delivery of documentation and applications, e.g. To secure a consent award or marine licence.
· Can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems.
· Ideally have a degree in ecology, environmental science, or planning.
· Can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands in respect of project priorities and stakeholder advice.
· Preferably have demonstrable expertise in project management or a particular environmental or planning field, with a clear understanding of how to apply your knowledge in the planning processes.
· Can demonstrate an understanding of the UK terrestrial and/or marine planning systems
· Ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects is welcome.