Commercial Asset Manager - Solar PV
LSP have partnered with a leading solar development company working across Europe to support the transition to a net-zero future, to recruit for a very exciting Commercial Asset Manager opportunity.
Active throughout the project lifecycle, from development through to construction and operations, our client’s highly experienced team collaborates with local partners to bring world-class industrial, commercial, and technical expertise to their projects.
Their current 8.9 GW solar development portfolio is one of the largest in Europe, covering both utility-scale and on-site generation projects, as well as integrated energy storage solutions. They are dedicated to delivering high-quality, high-performing assets, and providing their corporate and industrial clients with the solutions to accelerate their pathway to a net-zero future.
About the role
This is a broad-based Asset Management role. The main responsibilities of the role will be the financial and commercial management of our client’s construction and operational solar PV assets across Europe. This role will work closely with various teams within the company; including finance, legal/cosec, construction and technical asset management. This role will report directly to the Head of Asset Management while working closely with the Senior Commercial Asset Manager.
- Participating in the structuring and development of our client’s overall asset management strategy for the development, construction and operational assets.
- Managing third-party asset managers and external advisors in relation to CAM activities, including structuring Outsourced Service Provider (OSP) tenders and supporting contract negotiations, leading the onboarding of newly appointed OSPs and handovers of assets from RTB to construction.
- Setting up standard management accounting templates and processes for assets in construction and operation and co-ordinating the delivery across different jurisdictions/ OSPs.
- Monthly analysis and approval of the external submissions (e.g. TBs, Management Accounts, VAT returns, corporation tax and financial statements) and co-operation with the internal finance team, working on integration of external inputs with the internal ERP and PO management systems.
- Setting up various reporting templates, processes and procedures for CAM during the construction and operational phase.
- Working closely with the construction and technical asset management teams to ensure the overall performance of assets.
- Managing the budgeting process with regular forecast updates and review of drawdowns for the construction assets within the company.
- Supporting internal reporting, including periodic valuation of the portfolio companies, commentary on construction/operational assets in quarterly reports and inputs into the company business plan etc.
- Accounting and tax compliance reporting obligations - Support/Control the various OSP in Financial Statements production and tax compliance.
- Setting up a process for forecasting cash flows and cash needs, with the support of the internal finance team.
- Support in the audit of the assets and company.
- Supporting PPA contracts management, with special focus on the revenue collection and reporting compliance.
- Ensuring the pre-defined capital structure is maintained. Managing debt and funding drawdowns and repayments.
- Loan compliance and relationship with the lenders.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have experience in the renewable energy market/facilities management/asset management (knowledge of solar PV strongly advantageous) .
- Be a Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with a min 2-3 years’ post qualified experience and an outstanding understanding of accounting and a company’s financial accounts.
- Be comfortable with financial models and have the ability to adapt existing models, including advanced excel skills, minimum INDEX/MATCH, conditional formatting, Pivot tables and IF statements etc.
- Have a working knowledge of typical project contractual frameworks (including SPAs, PPA, Facility Agreements, insurance, O&M and EPC contracts), the regulatory environment and how the industry operates.
- Have an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be a confident communicator at all levels.
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
- Critically examine and question information from a variety of sources.
- Be highly commercial and have numerical acumen.