LSP Renewables have partnered with a leading IPP in the CEE region to recruit an Investment Associate / VP M&A to focus on renewable energy transactions.
Our client have been operating since 2019 and have already closed investments of more than 150MW across Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic and Slovakia. As well as investing and acquiring projects, they also develop their own projects in-house, building up c. 3 GW of project pipeline across these markets at various development stages.
Last year, the company completed a significant capital raise with a long-term institutional investor, which will allow it to invest c. EUR 1bn in total capital in the renewable energy transition in the CEE region. Due to the strong deal flow, the M&A team is looking to expand and add another experienced candidate, who can help in the execution of the M&A pipeline and support the company’s growth.
The successful candidate will provide support to the M&A team with executing acquisitions as well as debt and capital raises. Furthermore, you will lead/project manage transactions including advisor coordination, participating in SPA negotiations, due diligence, coordination of the valuation work stream (with the support of our Analysts) and present transactions to senior management and shareholders.
- Project management and execution of both acquisition and financing transactions
- Support in SPA and financing documentation negotiations
- With the support of the junior BD team, lead the valuation and numerical analysis of potential acquisition targets
- Compile investment memoranda and other materials for project acquisitions
- Working with advisors, consolidating and challenging their input for financial models and valuation
- Coordinate advisors during due diligence processes, analysing and challenging key findings
- Present potential acquisitions/investments to senior management
- Support the Finance & Operations teams with financial analysis and budgeting
- Degree in Economics or Finance at/from a top-tier university with a track record of excellent academic performance
- At least 4 years of experience in investment banking, project finance or private equity is required
- Strong quantitative skills including extensive experience with financial models and valuation techniques
- Experience in renewable power industry is advantageous, but not required
- Proficiency in using Excel, Word and Power-Point (financial modelling skills are a must)
- Fluency in English is essential (another European language would be advantageous)
- Be responsible for transactions and take full ownership of your projects
- Enthusiastic about renewable energy