Given the ongoing expansion of the renewables sector and our project portfolio of over 1GW of onshore wind power, we are looking to recruit a Technical Manager with Electrical Project Management experience.
We develop, owns and operates an expanding portfolio of wind farms. Through 2022-2025, three wind farms are to be constructed and enter operations. This role will be to support the team leader with the delivery of these construction projects. The Technical Team is responsible for the construction phase of the wind farms and hands them over to Operations at completion.
This entails managing the following delivery processes and the interactions between them:
- Grid Connection delivery (managing risks for the Client by maintaining good communications, project planning and troubleshooting issues as they arise, to ensure that Grid Connections are delivered on time for projects);
- Wind Turbine delivery (assisting with specifications, contract reviews, scheduling of work, contract performance and delivery meetings, to ensure that Wind Farm equipment is delivered in timely fashion and operates to the Client’s expectations); and
- Electrical and Balance of Plant delivery (as above, but with a focus on the electricity substation, cables and on-site network equipment).
Support will be provided for all the above, utilising the company’s experience of the construction process for its eight wind farms. The role is predominantly carried out at the company’s HQ in Frodsham, Cheshire however during the year of site works, regular visits to site are required for project management purposes and testing.
While the above is the main focus of the role, the Technical Team provides support across the business, providing services from Development activities e.g. by carrying out wind and solar resource modelling, maintaining and collecting data from meteorological masts at sites, down to installing solar and electric vehicle charging at HQ.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on full lifecycle wind farm projects in the UK and a candidate who has previous experience of managing contractors working on electrical/renewable projects is required.
The successful candidate is required to have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Project management techniques
- Coordination of projects involving multiple contractors
- Carrying out risk assessments and assessing activities involving work on electrical systems
- Knowledge of renewable energy technology or electrical equipment such as transformers, rotating machinery, battery storage and inverter systems
- Taking responsibility for actions, disseminating, and tracking to ensure completion
- To prepare technical and non-technical reports, reporting to the Technical Director; and
- A knowledge of wider renewables technologies.
- Technical degree or HNC in Engineering, Science, Physics or Maths
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Full and valid driving licence is essential
- Willing to travel regularly (e.g. monthly) to attend meetings and wind farm sites in the UK.
- Membership of Professional Institution e.g. Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Experience of working within the Renewables or power generation industry
- Knowledge of generation connection processes
- Experience of data gathering and analysis and
- Experience in commercial and contractual aspects of engineering.