As renewable energy specialists, we are fully experienced in the identification, design, development, construction and operation of onshore wind energy projects. With eight operational wind farms which are owned and operated by the Company, along with other projects which are under construction, in planning or being developed, we have a project portfolio of over 1.5GW of clean, green power.
We are expanding our Project Development team and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our existing Development Team, based at our Head Office in Frodsham, to deliver onshore wind farms in the UK.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Working with our existing Project Development team to identify, assess, design and develop proposals for onshore wind farm sites
- Development of onshore wind farm sites through pre-scoping, scoping, planning and post-planning
- Supporting the evolution and development of our current wind farm sites already in the planning system and advancing them through to successful determination
- Meetings and correspondence with stakeholders including Landowners, Local
- Planning Authorities, Energy Consents Unit, Statutory and Non-statutory Consultees, Councillors and Community Councils and residents from local host communities
- Liaising with external consultants to ensure EIA assessments and reports are undertaken and delivered, including critical analysis of the results to identify and rectify potential issues
- Land searches, and interpretation of Title Deeds
- Preparation and issue of drawings and wind farm layout designs
- Preparation, review and submission of EIA Reports and accompanying documents for planning applications, and for the discharge of pre-commencement planning conditions
- Effective communication with Projects Director, Board of Directors and team members to meet project programme deadlines.
Skills and experience required:
- The successful candidate will have a degree in Renewable Energy or Geography or
- another relevant subject
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a Project Manager, within the onshore wind energy sector in the UK, and preferably with experience of working with the Scottish planning system
- Proven track record of developing and delivering onshore wind farms in the UK
- Can use GIS software, and preferably AutoCAD, WindFarm and other relevant software as well
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously at varying stages of development
- Excellent report writing skills and reviewing skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and hands on approach to design and develop wind farm proposals;
- Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills along with excellent people skills as the successful candidate will deal with a variety of different audiences including attending Community Meetings and Public Exhibitions and meetings with landowners, planning officers etc.
The role will include attending meetings and site visits in Scotland and throughout the UK
therefore, a full clean driving licence is essential.