You’ll be part of the Project Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the development of a project within budget from any stage to get it to a ready to build state.
You’ll also coordinate the project team’s internal and external activities, ensuring you meet key milestones. You’ll work in a team of three in Edinburgh, whilst also working closely together with the nine team members in the Cork office.
- Ensuring that all site activities and project deliverables are carried out to the highest standards of safety and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Adequately planning, organising, monitoring, and reporting on all phases of a project’s life cycle.
- Managing and reporting on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments.
- Developing and managing project capex, opex, and budgeting, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure and presenting to senior management for investment approval.
- Negotiating agreements including consultancy contracts, land agreements, and providing input to commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all of these negotiations.
- Liaising with external stakeholders e.g., planning authorities, community relations, statutory consultees, or landowners, and representing the company in a professional and competent manner.
- Hold a degree in engineering, sciences, planning, or similar.
- Have experience of wind project development up to post-consent activities.
- Have a background in public relations and experience in negotiations with landowners.
- Possess knowledge of relevant planning regulations and understand project risks and associated management.
- Have a grasp of project commercials.
- Have experience in managing technical and engineering consultants and delivering a project programme on schedule and in line with targets.