LSP Renewables are looking for a Contracts & Compliance Manager to manage our contracts team and liaise with the senior management team. As the business continues to grow, we are looking for someone with experience in international contract placements who has the ability to operate on a commercial level to ensure LSP’s compliancy across the globe.
- Have a good understanding of international recruitment to be able to provide commercially sensible and cost-effective advice/suggestions for operating contractors internationally
- Provide advice, support and solutions where necessary internally and externally
- Act as the gateway between sales, operations and finance ensuring compliance and all standards are met.
- Onboard, train & develop employees within the Contracts & Compliance Team.
- Have a good level of understanding on IR35 and manage the internal IR35 processes.
- Send weekly IR35 updates to particular clients.
- Conduct legal research when necessary
- Ensure compliance to local laws and regulations whilst improving compliance procedures and reporting where necessary
- Internal audits on external contractor documentation.
- Review, maintain & update placement processes
- Maintain contracts calculator, individual contract calculators and internal displays with relevant contractor information.
- Management of the process to onboard external contractors:
- Archiving signed Contractor and Client contracts from the Contracts Inbox and keeping the Contracts Record Sheet updated.
- Manage client specific documents (NDA’s for example.)
- Create new Clients, Workers, Placements & Purchase Orders on RSM as well as extending placements and updating pay/charge rates when required.
- First point of contact for contractors enquires (contracts, documents & Timesheet System) and be able to answer basic contract enquiries from contractors.
- Overseeing compliance team and completing:
- Draft and issue contracts to clients and external contractors, including renewals.
- Checking and validating contractor documents.
- Maintain a log of contractor insurance levels and expiry dates.
- Maintain a log of external contractor certificates/documents and expiry dates, which includes requesting refreshed documents.
- Passport/identity verifications.
- Background screening checks as and when required.
- Upload contractor compliance documents to CRM.
- Manage work permit/visa application process;
- Obtain relevant documents from contractors to commence application.
- Submit contractor documents to relevant authorities.
- Instruct contractors how to submit Visa applications and what documents are required to do so.
- Liaise with the Embassies around the world on visa requirements, updates on current restrictions etc.
- Deal with travel bookings for external contractors where necessary
- Knowledge of basic legal matters/issues
- Ideally previously involved in international placements so have knowledge of both the UK and international placement life cycles.
- Knowledge of IR35/AWR and other factors surrounding contract placements
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Administration skills
- Good team working abilities
- Ability to use your initiative.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have a good understanding on payment solutions and acceptable forms in various countries.
- Have a good understanding of each contract model used in the UK – PSC, PAYE and Umbrella Company.
- Have a minimum of 5 years related experience.