PMO Planner – Distributed Energy
Location: Reading, Glasgow or UK Flexible.
Our clients seeking an experienced infrastructure Project Planner to join their expanding business. This is an exciting time to join their Distribute Energy team as they progress a wide range of new and innovative infrastructure solutions across the UK and Ireland.
The core purpose of the role is driving the set up, coordination and management of project plans with a focus on cost, resource, milestones and deliverables. The projects involved will vary in size and complexity with multidisciplinary scope across a number of their sectors (for example: EV, Battery, Solar, Electrical and Heat Networks).
The support you provide may involve the planning the development of a small number of large scale, complex projects and /or a larger number of small projects across a range energy infrastructure solutions. The role also requires the flexibility to support the development and operational delivery of the wider PMO /Business Planning services. This will include the development of planning standards, process, governance and reporting needed to set projects up for success as their business grows at pace.
- Developing and maintaining a range of individual and complex work packages, project plans, and master plans in Primavera P6. This will include planning the full programme/project lifecycle (development through to construction and commissioning), dependency management, ensuring alignment with PMO standards and processes and ongoing critical path analysis.
- Maintaining a clear view of the project baseline and tracking the milestones, resource, cost loading and spend profiling including coordinating inputs and plan updates across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Actively driving the development of plans, including close working with project teams, and interacting with the wider teams, sub-contractors and external partners or clients to ensure plans are coherent and up to date.
- Actively supporting project collaborative planning and recovery planning exercises.
- Developing, amending and maintaining resource utilisation and cost loaded plans, including forecasting.
- Support the quantification of risk and issue impacts on project schedules, agreeing mitigating actions, and tracking progress and delivery of those actions.
To be considered for this role it would be advantageous to have:
- Planning experience in the infrastructure and/or major projects sector (electricity, water, oil/gas, highways, major buildings etc.) is essential for this role (development and/or construction).
- Demonstrable experience in planning using Primavera P6, demonstrating competence in working collaboratively to develop plans from conception through to construction and completion.
- Experience of large, complex multidisciplinary projects including cost and resource scheduling at scale within commercially diverse teams.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate to various levels up to senior management.
- Proactive, forward thinking with the ability to work in an agile and fast paced working environment.