SHEQ ManagerPosted 31 days ago
South East London, Greater London, South East, EnglandContract
Sectors:TransmissionJob Reference: BH-6328
Our client is looking for a SHEQ Manager to ensure that the Project operates to the highest standards of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality throughout the project lifecycle. The SHEQ Manager will also drive a strong effective SHE culture and setting the strategy through to completion of the project, whilst also ensuring that there is a robust assurance process in place to monitor and audit the standards by which the Project operates.
- Support the safe delivery of Infrastructure Development and Delivery Projects on behalf of the Programme/Project Director to cost, time and quality.
- Shape and implement the project specific SHE strategy and plan. Promoting proactive reporting and a positive culture, focusing on the wellbeing, health and safety of employees and contractors.
- Manage team of multi-disciplined SHEQ advisors who provide support and technical expertise to the project.
- Ensuring the project has a robust monitoring and assurance process in place for contractor performance against key SHEQ deliverables.
- Proactively collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to enhance ways of working across the area of responsibility and the wider business.
- Working with senior leaders to ensure forthcoming activities are adequately planned and prepared for, and to mitigate any associated risk.
- Interface with the contractor(s) for all day-to-day construction activities, and monitor portfolio progress, collaboratively resolving programme risk escalations on behalf of the Project Director.
- Provide up to date monthly reports to project board.
- Support regular site construction meetings with Contractors and ensure the facilitation of regular site safety walks to ensure that activities are being managed as per the agreed Construction Phase Plan.
- Review and implement improvement initiatives resultant of sensible monitoring of site construction activities and manage the close out of issues raised through SHEQ audit & inspection activities and implementation across the Project(s).
- Ensure consistent approach and application working across the Project(s), in coordinating test and inspection activities detailed in the Works Information and acceptance of QA Plans.
- Ensure project compliance of all site documents to ensure compliance with legislation, ensuring they have been subject to formal document control and uploaded to the relevant project document control system(s) in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Implement continuous improvement and capture lessons learned, ensuring SHEQ Best Practice is both promoted and utilized across the project(s) and sharing across the department.
- Support delivery of trainee programmes, training courses and authorisation processes as required.
- Participate in incident investigations and represent the department on incident investigation panels as required including management of IMS and associated actions as necessary.
- Extensive understanding of Safety and Environmental legislation and practices and policies relating to Construction and working knowledge of CDM Regulations with relation to Client & PC duties
- Experience of major infrastructure construction projects working to deadlines in a commercial environment and awareness of contract management within fixed price and target cost contracts
- Detailed knowledge of quality management and site inspection requirements and the application of Inspection & test plans for compliant project delivery
- Detailed knowledge & understanding of current policies, procedures & specifications related to SHE, materials & construction processes
- As a manager, you are expected to live the company values, as well as demonstrating and continually developing your leadership skills. The Leadership Skills page will help you understand these expectations more, and access development mapped to these skills. Please use the following link:
- People manager hub - People manager hub (nationalgrid.com)
- Experience essential in Safe Management of Construction Works including prevention and investigation of incidents.
- Experience preferred in developing and sustaining safe working cultures, advising, and guiding operational managers on safety legislation and policies. Experience of tunnelling major infrastructure projects would be beneficial.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Chartered Member of IOSH or demonstrate working towards it.
- IEMA Certificate
- Degree in Safety, Environmental or Engineering Discipline would be advantageous.
- BREEAM Infrastructure Assessor
- ISO 45001, 14001, 9001 Lead Auditor
- CQI / IRCA Quality in Construction
Apply Below Now !