Senior Cost ControllerPosted 42 days ago
The Senior Cost Controller will be responsible for the appropriate management and control of cost elements for an offshore windfarm project. He/she will be working within an integrated project team established by the joint venture partners to develop and deliver the project. The role will be reporting to the PMO/Project Controls Manager. The main focus of the role will be the appropriate management and control of cost elements such as budget/forecast, actual spend of the project and input to finance for cash call and financial model.
- Establish and maintain detailed DEVEX and CAPEX budgets and in due course OPEX budgets in accordance with standard project control processes/ procedure requirements.
- Prepare the monthly budget/cost updates and associated reporting of forecast/actuals to Project Management team (PMT).
- Ensure cost changes (especially contingency spend) are actively approved, aligned, and implemented
- Support of package managers and procurement officers with the structural and consistent build-up of the costs.
- Provide input into the Financial Model. Liaison with Commercial and Finance team to assist with internal reporting of accruals and agreeing cash calls, invoicing and claims.
- Control and monitor project total expenditure to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Having/building in-depth knowledge and understanding of contract(s) of assigned packages to enable challenge of all project cost detail
- Create and manage the cost gathering and substantiation to facilitate any assessments by third parties (e.g., OFTO transactions) and Challenge the team to achieve greater cost efficiency.
- Supporting regular Quantitative Risk Analysis and associated contingency sizing.
- Attending project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external parties
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent demonstrable working experience in project cost control tools and methods.
- Advanced Excel knowledge with knowledge of other cost controlling tools an advantage (e.g., ECOSYS, SAP)
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and understanding of complex tasks
- Strong communication skills, able to present analysis, KPIs and reporting to senior management
- Degree educated or above, in a relevant discipline, ideally supported by a post-graduate qualification in project management such as APMP
- Knowledge of the offshore wind industry and previous offshore wind farm or comparable infrastructure experience.