Principal Project Manager - Grid ServicesPosted 58 days ago
LSP Renewables have partnered with the largest renewable energy generator in Europe to recruit a Principal Project Manager, Grid Services, to lead the development of key Grid Services Projects at our clients Greener Grid Parks (e.g., Batteries, Energy Storage, Rotating Machines).
Our client operates in more than 20 countries, covering Solar PV, Hydro, Onshore Wind, and Offshore Wind.
The prime purpose of the PPM role is to deliver Grid Services projects at our clients Greener
Grid Parks into construction and support projects through to operation, specifically:
- Delivering projects where our client have won Stability Pathfinder Phase 2 and 3 contracts with National Grid Electricity System Operator (NGESO).
- Develop competitive projects, which are successful in bidding for tenders (e.g. with NGESO) and/or achieve merchant revenues, so that they achieve financial close, are built and operate providing services to decarbonise the GB electricity system.
- Identify and develop a growing pipeline of projects targeted at 2030/2035 GB electricity with a carbon intensity of <12gC02/kWh.
- Manage two or more project managers; support, guide and direct them in delivering their projects;
- Work with other PPMs in the team to support team projects and targets;
- Represent the team internally to senior management/wider business;
Direct Project Management of Grid Services Project(s):
- Focusing on achieving deliverable and profitable projects;
- Managing internal and external service providers including planning consultants, land agents, legal advisors, and technical experts;
- Stakeholder management (internal and external) and community engagement;
- Coordinating with financial and technical colleagues to determine optimal strategy for the project with consideration of project risks;
- Implement appropriate and secure land agreements for each project.
- Take full responsibility for management of project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Achieving planning consents including driving the strategy and phasing of permits whilst working with the Principal Planning Manager;
- Manage timely grid connection capacity for each project in cooperation with the Grid Contracts Manager and electrical engineering colleagues;
- Understanding technologies and route to markets and aligning projects to market and tender opportunities;
- Developing strategies and plans to develop multiple projects at each Greener Grid Park;
- Reporting on project progress, providing insightful risk and opportunity analysis;
- Degree educated in a relevant subject e.g., renewables, engineering, planning, environmental, sustainability.
- Experience in the renewables industry with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering projects to investment decision and beyond.
- Project Management Qualification (preferred).
- Knowledge of the UK renewable energy / electricity market.
- Ability to manage relationships simultaneously including landowners, authorities, advisors, and internal stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter. Ability to manage a demanding workload.
- Excellent English written, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and other MS applications.
- Prepared to travel (majority UK wide).