PPA Originator/ManagerPosted 87 days ago
LSP Renewables have partnered with an international independent power producer to recruit a PPA Originator / Energy Manager in Italy, to be responsible for the marketing of electricity generated from all renewables power plants owned and operated by our client in Italy. This includes negotiating sales contracts with various types of offtakes such as power traders, large utilities, and corporate customers.
Our client develop and operate renewable energy and power generation projects worldwide (mainly Solar PV, Onshore Wind, Hydro, and CCGT projects) across 18 countries. They have ambitious expansion plans in the Italian renewable energy market.
Setting up the energy portfolio management strategy for renewables assets in operation and in development. This includes:
- Analysis of the Italian market
- Description and analysis of different power marketing strategies
- Identification of potential counterparties
- Negotiation and execution of relevant PPAs.
- Setting up energy management processes, risk management measures, revenue models and forecasts.
- Negotiate power sales agreements with power traders and large utilities.
- Negotiation of PPAs with corporate players.
- Lead the conclusion of power offtake, balancing agreements, and sales contracts for guarantees of origin.
- Actively manage the relationship with the existing and potential power offtakers, balancing partners, regulatory bodies and TSOs.
- Monitoring local and EU level energy related rules and regulations.
- Supporting the Development teams in modelling energy related revenues and costs for greenfield or operational assets in different countries.
- Coordinate with the energy managers in other countries as required
- Degree qualified in an Engineering, Financial, or Economical discipline.
- Several years experience in the energy industry in portfolio management and/or energy trading.
- Experience in structuring and managing sales contracts and corporate PPAs
- Strong network and relationships in the power sector as well as contacts with the largest industrial companies in Italy
- Fluency in Italian and English - any other European language would be an advantage.