Offshore Wind Project ManagerPosted 73 days ago
Our client is seeking an experienced professional to continue the growth of their Offshore Wind, Environmental Services team. The successful candidate will be a seller-doer with demonstrated experience developing and delivering federal, state, and local approvals required for the construction and operation plans (COP) of offshore wind projects in the United States.
This position will report to a Regional Environmental Services Manager and will primarily support nationwide offshore wind growth opportunities that follow the U.S. offshore wind federal leasing schedule.
- Developing permitting and consultation schedule and budget for offshore wind clients, including permit need assessments, strategies, and agency interrelationships.
- Oversee the execution of work for (at least) one project’s submittals and approvals, effectively deploying internal technical employee-owners and managing external consultants.
- Managing the preparation of applications and technical documents, as needed
- Developing, maintaining, and managing the Permitting Plan in accordance with Project Schedules
- Providing regular reports to Project Management Team
- Proactively identifying, communicating, and managing risks that may otherwise impact delivery of cost and schedule promise to our clients.
- With a focus on future success, responsible for monitoring compliance with environmental permits, development of permit amendments, reports, regulatory submissions, and data analysis
- May require monitoring and assurance of in-field activities
- Mentoring less experienced staff
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in environmental science, policy, or engineering related field.
- Minimum 7 years related environmental work experience with at least 5 years leading federal and state permitting and consultation management for large projects.
- Previous experience with BOEM, NOAA, USFWS, USACE, USCG preferred.
- Experience with management of Site Assessment Plans and Construction and Operations Plans for offshore wind projects preferred.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Client-focused, creative thinker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills