HSE Manager (APAC Region)Posted 73 days ago
Taichung City, Taichung, TaiwanPermanent
Sectors:Onshore WindJob Reference: BH-6154
- Mainly responsible for supervising the environmental, health and safety maintenance of all personnel at the wind turbine construction site.
- Adaption of global HSE rules to local standards and ensure implementation in all projects in the region and fulfilment of statutory obligations in projects and logistic activities.
- Selection, coordination, and performance assessment of external HSE professionals working on behalf of PLM.
- Possess in depth and technical knowledge of HSE legal requirements.
- Advise and ensure implementation of processes, programs to ensure country specific legal compliance and corporate requirements.
- Engage in projects to solve complex problems and attend meetings with (key) customers when necessary.
- Support Sales and PLM in tender management for HSE requirements.
- Support, training and provision of guidelines to the employees of PLM team and external HSE consultancies working on behalf of PLM.
- Performance of audits and tracking status of implementation of HSE-standards in the projects and logistic activities.
- Maintain an effective working relationship and dialogue with HSE staff (including local authorities, subcontractors, and consultancy companies) for guidance, follow up and alignment on HSE related activities.
- Establish working relationships with local, but also our clients headquarter organization and support organizations to ensure consistency.
- When necessary, support that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and that permit conditions (eg. recordkeeping) are being met.
- Engage in accident / incident investigations.
- Analyse HSE reports from the projects. Gather and report data on HSE performance (metrics), plan execution, audit corrective actions and incidents.
- Support procurement teams in the qualification processes for subcontractor’s approval (HSE topics) and perform HSE audits to subcontractors.
- Prepare communications (i.e., alerts) to disseminate incidents, lessons learned and best practices.
- When necessary, prepare the health and safety plan for the projects.
- Educated in an engineering or technical discipline and have a recognized qualification in health, safety & environment.
- Required 2+ years of HSE experience in a construction environment, including managing at site specific level or managing multiple projects.
- International experience in APAC is of advantage.
- English Verbal/Written communication skills (fluent), Japanese and Korean are nice to have.
- Team and relationship-building.
- Work within a complex, global organization.
- Willing to travel.
- Level A technician for occupational safety management.
- Level B technician for occupational safety & health management
(If not, should have solid construction engineering site HSE experience)
Apply Below Now !