Head of Offshore Wind SalesPosted 85 days ago
Our client are seeking a proven, results oriented Senior Sales profile to head the business acquisition team, focusing within Offshore Wind. The company are a specialist in marine asset manufacturing and supply (for both fixed and floating/dynamic offshore wind farms) and offer groundbreaking technology to the Offshore Wind sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and pursuing attractive opportunities of business. The client have emphasised a requirement for the successful candidate to have the ability to develop strong customer relationships and driving/encouraging revenue growth within the Offshore Wind department. There is a need for expertise in the area of manufacturing of a relevant component and an understanding of the Offshore Wind market as a whole, this would be critical in achieving sales targets and expanding the business’ market presence. The client has highlighted indicators to be market standards, meeting local content requirements, procurement process, relationships with decision makers at developers and partners.
Our client is happy to consider candidates from all locations over Europe. The position will however require extensive travel.
- Developing, driving and executing strategic sales plans to ensure revenue growth and market share in the Offshore Wind manufacturing sector, this would be measured in the form of regular intake of orders and efficient high margin order pipeline.
- Identify, engage and form business relationships with key stakeholders and influential people at Offshore Wind Farm developers, engineering business and other relevant organisations to build trusting relationships and to upkeep the generation of sales leads.
- Identification or emerging trends, market demands and competitive intelligence within the business’ target market, this will be achieved with collaboration with the marketing team and through conducting market research and analysis.
- Collaborating closely with internal teams (engineering, manufacturing and project management) to further understand technical requirements and develop tailored solutions for prospect customers. Finding the balance between clients specification and manufacturing capabilities, all whilst considering a target to maximise contribution margin.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of the business’ manufacturing capabilities and services by preparing and delivering high quality and compelling sales presentations and proposals
- Leading contractual negotiations, commercial discussions and other pricing aspects of the sales process, ensuring favourability for the company, this can be achieved with support of tendering and contracts team.
- Provide regular reports on forecasts, performance and sales activities. Ensuring maintenance of a robust sales pipeline, tracking leads and opportunities using a CRM system.
- Giving the business a critical edge by keeping up to date with industry standards, regulations and certifications related to the market and ensuring full compliance during sales activities.
- Attendance to industry conferences, networking events and trade shows to build brand awareness, deepen relationships and open new avenues of business opportunities.
- Develop, in collaboration with marketing teams, targeted marketing campaigns and collateral materials to support sales performance.
- At minimum, a Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or a related field, a degree to Masters’ level is desirable but not entirely necessary.
- Proven track record of minimum 5 years in B2B sales, with a focus on manufacturing for the offshore wind industry or a related region of the supply chain.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the ever-changing offshore wind market dynamics, industry trends and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully closing complex sales deals and negotiating contracts and frameworks within Offshore Wind.
- Ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders, up to and including C-level executives on end-customer side, being able to predict decisions and being business smart.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets, showing self-motivation and a results-driven acumen.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to articulate complex engineering and manufacturing concepts related to subsea asset production, being able to pass client’s requirements to design team.
- Ability to excel both independently and within a team, showing strong collaboration and cross-functional coordination skills.
- Willingness to travel as required to meet with clients, attend industry events, and visit manufacturing facilities.
- Proficiency in using CRM software, sales forecasting tools, and other sales-related technology.