Foundations Package EngineerPosted 44 days ago
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an Engineer who will report to our the WTG and OSS Foundations Package Manager. The sucessful candidate will provide support in leading the packages engineering strategy across the development phase of the project, they will also support any procurement activities when required, helping to achieve a successful FID.
- Preparation of technical documents/ papers for internal review
- Preparation of employer’s requirements and technical specifications
- Manage WTG Foundations design studies such as conceptual or FEED designs performed by external parties, ensuring that HSSE requirements are appropriately accounted for in the designs and that quality requirements are met.
- Support to the project during the FEED, Detailed Design and Construction phases.
- Coordinate integration of other input into optimizing WTG Foundations solutions, such as that obtained from foundations installation consultancies and other advisors.
- Contribute to the identification and management of technical risks, issues and impacts to the project associated with the WTG foundations scope.
- Liaise with experts within the project to ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learnt from previous projects.
- Assist the WTG FOU Package Manager in the technical evaluation of proposals and suppliers as part of tender processes in coordination with the WTG Foundations package manager and the commercial team.
- Support the WTG Foundations package manager in ensuring that interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed.
- Prepare internal reporting as required.
- Be degree educated in engineering or a related field with approximately 10 years’ experience
- Be chartered or working towards chartered status (or equivalent in non-UK workers)
- Experience and knowledge of offshore wind WTG foundations is essential, in particular within foundations design.
Specific Role Competencies
- Experience and knowledge of offshore wind GBS foundations, encompassing design, fabrication and installation
- Hydrodynamics and floating stability of concrete and steel structures
- Geotechnics and its implications into Foundation Design, with a focus on GBS design. Knowledge of site surveys and geotechnical interpretation
- Past experience in successfully leading a Design Consultancy through FEED and its iterative load-integrated assessments (ILA’s)
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate external and internal stakeholders.
- Good communication skills to enable effective discussions and transfer of information amongst contractors, team members and other stakeholders.
- Proven technical know-how in the field of offshore wind foundations and technical project management skills.
- Highly motivated, forward-thinking and ready to implement innovative solutions.
- Proficient track of correct budget management
- Ability to work as a member of a large and multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken.
- Advanced professional knowledge of Spanish, written and spoken.
Our client understands the importance of diversity and inclusion. They value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing they all have in common is their focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, they want you on their team. They are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. They facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within their teams.