Electrical EngineerPosted 37 days ago
On behalf of our client, a leading IPP in the Solar PV industry, LSP Renewables are recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to be based in France.
Our client develops, finances, builds and operates commercial and utility-scale solar PV projects across Europe, MENA, and APAC, and have successfully delivered over 2,000 solar photovoltaic infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical evaluation of our clients designs, driving optimisation helping expand our clients PV and storage footprint, whilst assisting the development and construction teams. They will evaluate new technologies and designs and be relied upon as a subject matter expert in electrical engineering, and will also write technical documentation for various projects.
With hands-on electrical design and field experience, the successful candidate should have the ability to design and operate PV electrical systems, including the MV/HV connection and an understanding of the critical electrical equipment needs for a PV plant.
- Assist Regional Lead Engineers and the Construction and Development departments with electrical engineering issues.
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of Employers Requirements (Minimum Function Specifications) through constant auditing.
- Promote standardization in PV electrical designs.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation, including detailed design specifications, white papers, wiring schematics, diagrams, and reports.
- Collaborate with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify electrical equipment in con-junction with the Procurement Department.
- Evaluate electrical calculations and design of PV plants including HV/MV substation design, Primary Plant Electrical Layouts, Control & Protection Design, Electrical Power System Studies, Earth Grid Design and LV Distribution and General Service Design through supporting the design review process.
- Carry out (or review) TDD and risk assessment on grid connection conditions/agreements. Reviewing DSO/TSO specifications and contractor design for maximum cost benefit.
- Participate in project meetings when requested.
- Engage with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, government agencies, utilities, and grid companies as needed.
- Provide technical assistance during project development and ensure the grid connection is properly considered.
- Manage Technical Advisors and Consultants to support Grid and Delivery related activities.
- Review the technical designs submitted by HV/MV contractors or EPCs to company requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with HV/MV contractors and EPCs to drive performance and ensure they deliver their services.
- Negotiate and develop grid connections design that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant performance.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Several years experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience in grid connection studies and grid code compliance.
- Solid understanding of Solar PV components (modules, inverters, transformers, cabling etc.)
- Experience in Solar PV design, including developing and reviewing electrical schematics - with an understanding of national/international electrical standards.
- Familiarity with Design Requirements is an advantage but not essential.
- Commissioning experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Battery storage design experience is an advantage.