Community Liaison OfficerPosted 44 days ago
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6261
- To support the development of our client’s project, they are seeking an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Community Liaison Officer to lead engagement and consultation with the communities and businesses closest to the project. The successful candidate will also help the project develop a local supplier engagement plan in order to help local businesses share in the benefits of offshore wind.
- A key member of the External Affairs team (encompassing stakeholder Engagement and Communications operations), the Community Liaison Officer will be the first point of contact for all individuals and organisations within the communities closest to the project, including Greystones, Kilcoole, Wicklow Town, Sandymount, Ringsend, Irishtown and the wider hinterland of each.
- Key aspects of the role will include building relationships, listening, seeking feedback, responding to queries and generally being ‘the voice of the community’ within the project team, ensuring that local input is reflected in the project as it progresses.
- Identifying and building relationships with relevant local individuals and organisations in the communities closest to the project, e.g., community leaders, local councillors, community groups, local authority groups, local businesses and suppliers, support agencies, schools, etc.
- Shaping and delivering appropriate stakeholder and community engagement plans, in conjunction with the project team.
- Managing the delivery of all local public consultation events, e.g., exhibitions (online and face-to-face), group briefings, presentations and site visits (where appropriate).
- Develop with the Procurement Team a local supplier engagement plan for the project.
- Provide reports and updates to the External Affairs and Procurement Teams on the execution of the local supplier engagement plan.
- Help develop local supplier communications materials.
- Keep detailed, up-to-date records of all queries and responses to local businesses.
- Being the face of the project on the ground and the focal point for all local queries, concerns and feedback.
- Responding to, re-directing and resolving queries, complaints and concerns in a timely and professional manner and making the project team aware of any issues immediately.
- Maintaining detailed, up-to-date records of all queries, complaints and engagements, using the project’s stakeholder database system, and feeding these into the project development process as required.
- Working with communities to identify their aspirations with respect to the economic and social benefits of the project.
- Supporting the project team in optimising opportunities for the local supply chain throughout the delivery of the project.
- Attending community meetings and other local events, as appropriate, to provide updates on and promote the benefits of the project.
- Creating and managing the business case for local sponsorship opportunities and helping to promote these sponsorship opportunities externally.
- Preparing and providing input into relevant reports as required.
- Providing input into press releases and other communications, e.g., newsletters, website updates, as required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the communities closest to the project: demographics, dynamics, traditions, challenges and opportunities etc.
- Relevant experience in community relations and organising and managing stakeholder and community meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining relationships at a local level.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to carefully deliver messages to the public with confidence and integrity in a variety of forms, written and oral.
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Ability to maintain thorough and accurate records of engagements.
- A team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work in a self-directed way, as needed.
- This is a contractor role with a remuneration rate commensurate with skills and experience. Although the role is being advertised on a full-time basis, part-time candidates will also be considered where suitable experience and local knowledge exists
Apply Below Now !