Cables Package ManagerPosted 65 days ago
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6173-1
Our client has a rapidly growing and expert team leading the development and construction of offshore wind projects around the world. Operating in a fast-paced and exciting environment, working smart, collaboratively, and empowering their people with the skills, experience, our client is trusted to make a difference – on the job and for their renewable energy future. The Engineering Team is looking for a Package Manager covering offshore cable engineering and supply in Taiwan. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to be responsible for delivering the engineering and supply of Offshore cables Package in a new market. The package includes specification, procurement, manufacturing, and, as well as working in a team that is leading the charge to create a healthier planet. This position will report to the APAC Head of Engineering (Line) and to the Cable package manager in Taiwan (project related). The scope of the package includes offshore export- and inter-array cables, and the responsibility will run through the project development- and execution phases. The successfulc candidate will collaborate with the Engineering Manager and each package within the EPC- and their internal development team, as well as external and suppliers, consultants and authorities.
- Identification of requirements and definition of scope of works
- Manage internal and external engineering and design works
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards and certification requirements
- Roadmap to secure timely certified design, manufacturing
- Drive procurement and ensure timely contracting of cable supply packages
- Identify and manage interfaces to other packages
- Coordinate and provide support to other functions and packages, e.g., Permitting, Due diligence, and LTA Q/A, and O&M preparation.
- Lead and prepare documentation required for the relevant project stages, decisions and assessments
- Ensure a strong focus and best in class management of health safety and quality for all involved
- An electrical engineering degree and 10 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated project management experience from executing the engineering of a large offshore cable package and preferably PMP(PMI) qualified.
- Strong technical understanding of the scope and associated supply chain. Being able to run some engineering tools such as cyme cap is a plus.
- Strong commercial understanding and contract management/negotiation skills
- Leadership skills with ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Able to thrive and develop in an international- and multi-cultural environment.
Apply Below Now !