Junior Project EngineerPosted 13 days ago
LSP Renewables have partnered with a leading IPP to build an Engineering team in Berlin, Germany to provide engineering, design, and technical support to their Solar PV project pipeline across Europe.
Our client are one of the fastest growing IPPs in the European renewables space, and are the largest IPP in Poland and Hungary. They have ambitious plans to grow the portfolio by 1GW year on year, and also enter the Onshore Wind and BESS markets.
The Junior PV Engineer shall support the Technical Manager and Senior Engineers on the daily design activities for utility scale PV projects. They will prepare and review the Engineering design packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical) for large scale PV and BESS projects during all project phases.
- Assessment of site topography, potential constraints, main components sizing and selection of suitable technology for PV design at early stages of development.
- DC capacity estimation, preparation of layouts, and planning packages typical drawings.
- Preparation of cable sizing and single line diagrams for LV,MV and coordinating with grid team the HV specifications to match with the HV single line diagram.
- Evaluation of climate data sources, preparation of energy yield simulations (PVsyst) to provide key project performance indicators for commercial project optimization.
- Fresh graduate or one years of work experience in design of utility scale PV plants.
- Good understanding of PV plant main components, techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market technologies is a plus.
- Sound knowledge about PV, MV and HV equipment’s, Power Transmission, System losses, & general electrical requirements of utility-scale solar power plants
- Motivated, quick learner, multitasking, problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
- Effective skills to engage and communicate professionally with all the different teams.