Project EngineerPosted 20 days ago
LSP Renewables have partnered with a leading IPP to build an Engineering team in Berlin, Germany to provide engineering, design, and technical support to their Solar PV project pipeline across Europe.
Our client is one of the fastest growing IPPs in the European renewables space and are the largest IPP in Poland and Hungary. They have ambitious plans to grow the portfolio by 1GW year on year and enter the Onshore Wind and BESS markets.
The PV engineer shall support the Technical Manager and Senior Engineers on the daily design activities for utility scale PV projects. They will prepare and review the Engineering design packages (Mechanical, Civil and Electrical) for large scale PV and BESS projects during all project phases.
The PV engineer will report to the Head of Engineering and will have prominent exposure to and interaction with the other junior and senior engineering team members, business development, acquisition, and transactions teams.
- Assessment of site topography, potential constraints, main components sizing and selection of suitable technology for PV design at early stages of development.
- DC capacity estimation, preparation of layouts, and planning packages typical drawings.
- Preparation and review of cable sizing and single line diagrams up for LV, MV and coordinating with grid team the HV specifications to match with the HV single line diagram.
- Evaluation of climate data sources, preparation of energy yield simulations (PVsyst) to provide key project performance indicators for commercial project optimization.
- Leading / participating in site visits in projects early stages to identity buildable area, optimize layout design, identify infrastructure crossings, and prepare site assessment reports.
- Leading / participating in technical discussions and negotiations with third party technical advisors and consultants for Technical Due Diligence of PV projects.
- 3-5 years of work experience in design of utility scale PV plants.
- Good understanding of techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market technologies.
- In depth knowledge about PV modules, inverters, cables, transformers, MV switchgears and industry best practices.
- Sound knowledge about PV, civil design, MV and HV equipment’s, Power Transmission, System losses, & general electrical requirements of utility-scale solar power plants
- Motivated, problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
- Effective skills to engage and communicate with all stakeholders.