GBS Fabrication ManagerPosted 22 days ago
As Construction Manager, you will be accountable for preparation for and construction of Gravity Based Substructure (GBS) foundation. This will include setting the construction strategy, informing the design, and consenting processes, establishing a team, completing yard preparation, constructing the foundation, and handing over to the T&I team.
The successful candidate will build a culture that enables high quality foundation delivery by Contractors and run works with project multi-functional and cross-discipline organizations. This role is essential in ensuring safe construction operations and will act as the site safety lead.
Reports to the Foundation Package Manager and is a member of the Package Leadership Team. The Foundation Construction Manager will lead a diverse construction management team to achieve construction quality and construction performance and ensure delivery of construction targets that include site HSSE performance, regulations compliance, and achievement of construction cost & schedule targets through to mechanical completion.
- Responsible for leading safe project construction performance by defining and performing to the HSE standards and performance targets on the construction sites.
- Site Safety Leader responsible for driving safety performance ahead of field entry and through work in the field.
- Promotes HSE campaigns along with HSE manager.
- Leads construction strategy and work scope development then ensures delivery within the plan (including organizational change).
- Responsible for ensuring best construction practices and relevant lessons from other projects are applied by the project.
- Works hand in hand with Engineering, Transport & Installation and Operations to establish the most efficient path through the project.
- Leads team integration and team alignment with all parties/ groups associated with project construction goals.
- Responsible for building and caring for the diverse construction team including learning and development opportunities.
- Supports the Construction team to define and deliver their specific construction responsibilities.
- Proactively builds mutually helpful working relationships with a broad range of customers.
- Push the boundaries of how we work by embracing agile methodologies and effectively applying them to lead value conversations
- Works with the Package Manager to establish resource frame.
- Sets performance targets for construction and manages construction activities and contractor(s) performance against these targets, intervening as needed to ensure they are met.
- Continually looks ahead to identify construction execution risks and ensures that risks to construction delivery are optimally mitigated or eliminated.
- Supervises construction efficiency and generates a set of working KPIs.
- Responsibility for endorsing project construction costs/estimates and construction
- Leads verification of Contractor construction documentation, for compliance with contract and standards
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring construction quality delivers to the prescribed standards.
- Ensures that all construction processes are there and being followed.
- Ensures the full and accurate implementation of the construction execution plans.
- Ensures that appropriate assurance and control processes are in place prior to proceeding with significant construction activities.
- Provides assurance to Package Manager that construction requirements are satisfied.
- Leads construction reviews (and contributes to other functional reviews) and implements the construction self-verification programme, particularly for the start of new activity.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- PMP, Chartered Engineering (or equivalent) qualification
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Extensive & demonstrated experience of leading major energy project construction works through FEED & Implement stages.
- Experience of holding a Safety Critical Position.
- Demonstrated genuine dedication to HSSE excellence during planning and of construction.
- A role model for our clients values.
- Critical to Diversity, Equity and Inclusive distinctions and experience of implementing these in construction works.
- Ability to mobilise a range of intervention methods in critical situations to influence or redirect construction focus to achieve the required result.
- Ability to work at the project management team level to influence the accurate decisions, apply judgment, and to maintain the health of the project team.
- Builds positive relationships with relevant partners, particularly
- Within the project organization, contractor organizations and local authorities.
- Exhibits deep competence in the application of practical construction skills.
- Has deep understanding of construction practices that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- Demonstrates highest ethical conduct in dealing with procurement, contracts, and Contractors.
- Understands contract & labour law, and the management of industrial relations.
- Understand Human Rights, Modern slavery, and bribery & corruption signs.
- Extensive major project experience for offshore scope
- Experience of heavy civils concrete construction, construction of tall structures, heavy lifting.
- Experience of using construction management practices and processes.
- Awareness of the latest international standards for construction of offshore scope
- Successful completion of a Safety Critical Role Assessment
- Understanding of EPC Contractor perspective and approach