Electrical EngineerPosted 22 days ago
Onshore Delivery Engineering within the CTO is being responsible for performing the engineering aspects of all onshore business growth projects; commencing at prospection, wind and hydrogen projects are to be technically specified and delivered through development, consenting and agreement (including FID), and construction ensuring Engineering Excellence prior to handover into Asset Operations.
As the Electrical Engineer you will provide key engineering resource within multi-discipline, project specific delivery engineering teams where you will manage all electrical aspects within assigned projects; delivering an electrical system design that complies with the project requirements, whilst ensuring appropriate engineering design and quality standards and specifications are maintained.
- Provide expertise and focus on all matters related to electrical specification and design activities on assigned projects, ensuring that deliverables are clearly identified and aligned within timelines and budgets.
- Develop sets of electrical technical specifications including system, infrastructure, and interfaces for inclusion within appropriate tender assessments across balance of plant work packages while addressing technical queries.
- During the origination, design and construction of the electrical infrastructure and associated equipment, you will ensure that operational learning and requirements are key considerations, electrical lifetime costs are optimised, and decommissioning and/or life extension is considered.
- Define electrical equipment specifications from conceptual to detailed design, supporting procurement to ensure delivery satisfies the requirements and timescales of the project, with consideration on the wider electrical portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring electrical technical and design risks, assumptions, issues, and decisions are identified, captured, recorded, and addressed appropriately, providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure risk level is ALARP.
- Ensure a consistent approach to electrical delivery such that safety, quality, programme, and value are measured and balanced to deliver optimised project outcomes, with all electrical design assessments, advice, decisions, and recommendations being fully documented for Design Assurance Reviews at critical phases of the project (conceptual design, pre-FID design, detailed design and delivered design) as defined within Project Design Management Plans.
- Perform technical and commercial due diligence, site visits, factory and site acceptance tests and support commissioning as required.
- Support the planning and prioritisation of suitably qualified and experienced electrical resource to meet onshore business growth projects requirements, including the management and supervision of any required internal or external third parties (consultants, sub-contractors, etc) for electrical deliverables.
- You will interface with the various Onshore Business Unit teams as well as the wider CTO Central Engineering, Technical Governance and Electricity Connections.
- You’ll have experience in development, design, and construction of power generation projects, ideally within wind and hydrogen.
- You’ll have an understanding of the design processes for LV/HV electrical systems and have knowledge of the preparation of preliminary electrical designs (e.g. single line diagrams, schematics, general arrangement drawings)
- You’ll have experience in commissioning energy systems or similar technologies.
- You’ll have working knowledge of IEC and National Standards, design and installation codes of practice and regulations; Grid Code compliance would be advantageous.
- You’ll have as minimum an Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- It would be advantageous for you to have experience and/or or a qualification in Project Management.
- You would possess a full clean driving license with the ability to work away from base location as and when required.