Construction Project ManagerPosted 15 days ago
As the Construction Project Manager, you will be part of the CTO (Central Technical Organisation) and will oversee and manage agreed timescales and budgets the project delivery of specified Pre-Construction and Construction projects from our client’s portfolio in Ireland with particular focus on Onshore Wind and PV Solar projects.
The role involves supporting the business development team during the development, feasibility and consenting stage of Onshore Wind and PV solar projects.
The role will also involve managing the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) process, the interface with Engineering team and supporting the Business Development team to secure Financial Investment Decision (FID). Following successful investment approval of a project, you will become the lead role in the delivery of construction projects within budget, to the agreed programme timescales, meeting quality targets and in line with our client’s ambitions.
This lead role will involve management of feasibility studies and surveys to ensure all risks are understood and mitigation agreed, preparation of all work scopes, tendering, negotiation and subsequent project management and successful delivery of all related construction contracts through to successful handover of the facility to the Asset Operations Team.
- Implement the Health and Safety policy and carry out regular checks and balances to ensure that it has been correctly applied in all the aspects of the construction project activities.
- Enable Development and Business Development departments to successfully achieve Financial Investment Decision on pipeline projects and acquisitions.
- Provide input on feasibility and risks on projects in our client’s development pipeline.
- Provide support where required during the preparation of the Planning Application to ensure the project is buildable should consent be granted.
- Manage the client information aspects of the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) process.
- Manage the development of construction cost estimates, resource schedules and construction programmes.
- Work closely with internal engineering team members to accurately assess project capacities, electrical connection options and yield throughout the various stages of project.
- Provide strategic input to the business on how projects are designed and constructed including equipment selection, risk management, project programme and value.
- Develop the procurement and delivery strategy for the projects with the procurement team and keep up to date with market intelligence relating to Onshore Wind and Solar PV.
- Manage the successful construction, commissioning and handover of Onshore Wind and Solar PV projects though collaboration with our supply chain and the administration of construction contracts.
- Appropriate Degree or equivalent industry standard qualification – ideally in Engineering.
- Significant/demonstrable experience of construction management skills, working on Construction projects, particularly Onshore Wind or PV solar in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Thorough understanding and experience of delivering good health and safety practice.
- Working knowledge of Onshore Wind or PV solar – Technology, grid connections, construction techniques etc.
- Experience of leading a project team effectively to deliver the project goals and objectives.
- Experience of managing Grid Connection works (desirable).
- Comfortable communicating at a variety of levels in an appropriate level of detail (for example, with senior internal stakeholders, at internal technical meetings, and with construction contractors).