HSE Senior ManagerPosted 20 days ago
Based in London, Durham, or Edinburgh an exciting opportunity has become available for you to support the HSE strategy implementation for the business, operationalising across the business so that all activities are conducted in line with the organisation’s health & safety ambition.
As a HSE Senior Manager, you will be a leader at the heart of our client’s Health, Safety and Environment ambition. You will influence, drive, and deliver HSE strategy and ensure that it continues to be a key enabler as the business grows.
By embedding our client’s mindset in everything we do including within each project -from design and conception stage towards delivery and operations- you will ensure that preventing harm is a positive lever for strategic growth and company performance.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your role will be to provide the Business support and advice aimed at ensuring the development and deployment of the HSE strategy, and by supporting the Head of HSE.
- You’ll support setting Health, Safety and Environment standards, for our UK&I businesses to deliver its priorities and objectives, contributing to our purpose of Helping Britain Achieve Net Zero.
- Understanding our business needs, you’ll use your knowledge to provide specialist advice to mitigate risk and maximise success, acting with integrity in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- You’ll set Health, Safety and Environmental standards and provide leadership, reporting, and support to business leaders.
- You’ll engage and form partnerships with key stakeholders, internally and externally, to innovate and shape best industry practice, benchmark our progress, and influence national policy and legislation.
- You will be part of the HSE Central Team that defines and deploys the strategy to enable safe business growth.
In More Detail:
- Follow up current Company and Business Units KPIs and suggest innovative ones as the Business grows, alongside streamlining and reinforce the reporting of other robust KPIs.
- Lead and develop innovative, impactful, and targeted communication, tools, and campaigns throughout the year, in collaboration with the wider business.
- Ensure learning from events is at the core of what we do to embed good practices in our growth both internally and in the relationship with our partners.
- Provide oversight and guidance on the central Company-wide HSE standards to ensure appropriate deployment across the organisation.
- Coach, develop and build HSE capability of the business.
- Represent the Company externally on industry safety forums, contributing to steering and working groups as necessary.
- Provide HSE advice and support aimed at designing out risk throughout the different stages of the projects, from a Central function/governance and oversight perspective.
- Oversee High Potential Events and/Serious Incidents and Very Serious Incidents Investigations ensuring lead incident investigators determine root cause and develop appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Take accountability for the delivery and analysis of accurate HSE statistical Management information including providing statistical analysis of incidents from base data to help identity future focus areas and reduce key risks.
- Support delivery of HSE audits when required to support continuous improvement and ISO certification.
You will be qualified to degree level or equivalent in HSE or a related discipline in addition to;
- Exemplar role model leadership in HSE, D&I, and company values
- Ability to form effective working relationships with stakeholders of all levels, including the ability to influence behaviour by reasoned argument.
- Analytical and numerical expertise and ability to explain complex concepts to a range of audiences.
- Rigorous approach to accuracy and quality.
- The ability to promote the profile of HSE performance to individuals undertaking activities which are subject to many other tight constraints such as generation demands, resource, time, and budget, including Project Managers and Senior Leaders.
- Auditing & compliance, the provision of management reports, reporting and analytics.
- Must have a good understanding of HSE legislation and compliance requirements across the UK and Ireland, Including CDM 2015 (and Irish equivalent).
- Experience of supporting
- or implementing occupational health, safety, and environmental solutions
- an organisations HSE agenda across disparate teams and activities.
- HSE growth working in the energy / renewables sector.
- Functional specialist in health, safety, and environment: Up-to-date knowledge of current trends and best practices in occupational health, safety, and environment
- Willing to undertake national and international travel.
- Relevant professional qualification, such as NEBOSH Diploma and Chartered membership of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH).
- Environmental qualification desirable, for example an Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IMEA) qualification.