Head of Commercial (Offshore)Posted 22 days ago
Following continued development of our client’s offshore wind portfolio and to realise their ambitious renewable energy targets, our client has a fantastic opportunity for a best-in-class Head of Commercial.
Reporting to the Director of Offshore and Ireland the successful candidate will be responsible for the offshore commercial team, providing clear direction, leadership and coaching to the team and ensuring appropriate resources to support the required strategic and project related commercial activities. You will be responsible for driving best practice in relation to an aligned approach to commercial activities across the development and delivery phases and early-stage origination opportunities.
The role comprises one of the three main pillars within the department which include: Consents, Development and Delivery and Commercial. You’ll work in close collaboration with the Head of Development and Delivery and Head of Consents to contribute to the strategic growth of the offshore wind portfolio and as a senior leader within the organisation will contribute to an empowered and inclusive team culture, which supports the development of all team members.
- Providing commercial leadership and input during development and delivery phases of the projects contributing to organisational performance through commercial input to high value investments, identifying and mitigating commercial risks or opportunities across the portfolio.
- Ensuring relevant commercial input by the team to M&A processes when required.
- Developing and coaching the consent team ensuring clear development pathways for all members within the team and supporting the team to develop in alignment with the project needs and requirements across the portfolio.
- Building relationships with key internal and relevant external stakeholders to raise the profile of EFDR offshore wind externally and influence decision making on offshore wind projects (internally). The role will require close collaboration with investment analysis, legal, finance, tax, and M&A among others, to ensure relevant commercial input to projects to enable successful delivery.
- Strong Leadership: Able to provide clear direction to your team in an evolving landscape with a focus on continued professional development for team members. Creating a culture of excellence that takes a whole lifecycle approach to all activities. Ensuring risk and lifetime costs are central to the assessment of all activities undertaken in relation to offshore assets.
- Curious and Analytical: Able to understand what data and the business is telling you and generate shareholder insights and solutions from this. Planning and Prioritisation: Structured approach to completing required tasks in a way that is achievable and readily conveyed to shareholders and stakeholders.
- Create the right solution: Challenge established practices, and where appropriate identify improved methods to meet business needs driving a focus on continued improvement within the team.
- Tell The Story: Able to clearly articulate complex issues and proposed resolutions – provide data and utilise in a way that support and explains the problem statement and solution.
- Implementation: Proactively follow through on activities and projects to delivery high quality outcomes.
- Significant commercial experience is essential, preferably from a developer or operator of offshore windfarms, related industry such as oil and gas, investor or top consulting firm.
- In-depth knowledge of offshore wind financial modelling and project valuation methods including NPV, cost/benefit and IRR analysis.
- Experience in bidding or bid strategy preferably for UK offshore wind projects.
- Strong track record of producing and presenting accurate investment case appraisals and risks analysis.
- Ability to understand impact of commercial issues on potential investments and communicate these clearly to relevant stakeholders and decision makers.
- Experience in negotiation and management of commercial contracts and commercial elements of legal agreements.
- Preferably experience in taking projects through FID and understanding of project finance requirements.
- Experience in some or all of the following project phases: early-stage origination, development, construction and operations.
- Experience of leading or being involved in mergers and acquisitions of project assets and knowledge of key partnership agreements and transaction processes.
- Understanding of the project life cycle and key project risks for different renewable generation technologies.
- Experience in leading, motivating and developing teams.