Onshore HV Senior Authorised PersonPosted 35 days ago
United Kingdom, Contract
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6683
- Fulfil the following roles in accordance with the Operational Safety Rules on systems up to 400kV:
- Senior Authorised Person (L3)
- Safety Coordinator
- System Controller
- Participate in all provided training and authorisation processes to achieve and maintain required authorisations
- Take responsibility in ensuring Safety from The System is achieved and all required documentation is prepared and issued prior to all work commencing.
- Assess each job on a task-by-task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
- Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
- Support the Location/Responsible Manager in the development and production of all required Local Management Instructions.
- Fully support the Location/Responsible Manager and coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with operational safety rules.
- Ensuring known status at all times.
- Participate in onshore shift rotation and 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
- Arrange necessary Safety Documents for work on the 400kV, HVDC/OFTO and WFO plant & apparatus, working alongside National Grid Senior Authorised Persons and coordinate cross boundary activities via the Record of Inter System Safety Precaution (RISSP) process.
- Coordinate Senior Authorised Person tasks/activities on and offshore.
- Support the Location/Responsible Manager with the preparation of all site specific training, assessments and audits required for personnel to be authorised for works on the offshore wind farm
- Support the Location/Responsible Manager with all offshore wind authorisation panels.
- Support the Commissioning Manager with the specification and procurement of the approved tools and equipment that will be required to implement the operational safety rules.
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Distribution Network Operator, National Grid or Offshore Wind Farm to 400kV.
- Relevant technical education, for example, time served apprenticeship or similar with a HNC qualification (or equivalent) in an electrical engineering discipline.
- IOSH/NEBOSH Certification.
- Valid National Grid Persons (Substations) certification.
- Significant and demonstrable experience working in a similar capacity.
- Proven track record in a client role
- Fluent written and verbal English with good communication skills.
- Self-starting with planning/coordination and problem-solving abilities.
- Good standard of IT literacy (i.e. MS Office). Ability to produce project specific documentation as required to support the project and implementation of Company procedures.
- Provide all standard Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) as required to perform your role.
Apply Below Now !