Offshore Execution General ManagerPosted 35 days ago
Seoul, Special city, South KoreaPermanent
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6682
- Provide commercial input and recommendations on bidding strategy for Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor to identify, submission of tender(s), and the selection of EPC contractor(s) for our projects.
- Lead EPC contractor selection includes:
- Prepare ITT material together with the contract and technical team.
- Provide recommendations on the most appropriate bidding strategy.
- Identify potential contractors and suppliers for the works and services required for the design, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, testing, and completion for EPC.
- Provide recommendations on suitable contractors and suppliers for such works and services, keeping in mind the technical and financial qualifications of the relevant candidates and the budget, timetable, financing and procurement strategy, long term operation and maintenance costs, and future revenue generation.
- Manage and run the full EPC bidding process for the appointment of all contractors, including drafting and issuing the bid/tender documents, analysing tenders submitted, managing, and responding to bidder queries, and negotiating the price and full terms for the performance of the relevant works and services.
- Ensure that relevant HSE requirements are satisfied within the activities, including those defined by legislation, regulations, contract, or project plans.
- Formulate, implement, and maintain a milestone plan for the initiation and completion of the project.
- Manage a team of Package Managers (WTG, Cable, Foundation, and Substation) that oversee the safe, timely, and cost-efficient design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and handover of their package.
- Ensure that resource plan for the project is established and updated by the Package Managers in consultation with their (Discipline) Team Leads and with the other functional Team Leads (QHSSE, contracting, finance, PMO etc).
- Establish the overall EPC planning (including the individual packages’ planning) for the project in line with the overall project planning, follow up that planning and take necessary actions if deviations occur.
- Proactively ensure that project interfaces are under control and properly allocated and managed.
- Ensure that the necessary recommendations on choices between solutions and suppliers are generated and approved in line with the project’s governance requirements in a timely manner.
- Adopt a proactive role in identifying and controlling risks for the project.
- Selection of the fabrication yard, marshalling port.
- Establish and follow-up on the overall EPC contracting strategy with financing preferences and the market conditions.
- Follow-up and coordinate the EPC contractor selection process and securing of the required contracts in a timely manner.
- Take on a role of negotiator in the various negotiations within the EPC contractor selection process.
- Ensure that the equipment supplied and constructed, components, tools, services are carefully and diligently checked to be in compliance with the Employer Requirements and Contract’s specification through focused reviews, inspections, witnessing etc.
- Ensure that the contracts are proactively managed by the Package Managers, and that their teams ensure the safe, qualitative, timely and within budget delivery of the functioning assets to O&M, thereby maintaining a good and strong relationship with the key contractors and suppliers.
- BS degree in Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in project management for offshore EPCI industries (preferably from leading the construction of offshore wind farms alternatively from oil & gas or other large scale infrastructure projects.
- Extensive work experiences the international environment of offshore EPCI.
- Excellent leadership capabilities, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Strong analytical, influencing, negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- In-depth knowledge of offshore wind development, procurement processes, ITT development as well as the commercial aspects of the offshore market / landscape.
Apply Below Now !