Senior Procurement Manager (DCO)Posted 28 days ago
The Senior Procurement Manager (DCO) will provide Procurement Leadership within the DCO area of the SSPW Procurement Team. You will lead a team of procurement professionals providing comprehensive procurement and commercial / contract management service in support of DCO project development. As the leader in the DCO team a key role will be the development and implementation of procurement strategies
Framework & Boundaries
- One of the key challenges the role faces is to secure the best overall value (price as well as technical quality, after care, etc.) with 3rd party providers of goods and services.
- The role is focus on the DCO projects within the SSPW Business Unit. The role is part of the CTO Procurement team with connection into the SSPW Head of Delivery through the Principal Procurement Manager SSPW.
- The role must balance a busy workload and ensure objectives are achieved on time without compromising governance, safety and quality standards.
- The key challenges for the role will be to define and agree Procurement Strategies for DCO projects and align these with the wider SSPW Procurement Team.
- In addition, the role will include executing procurement strategies and ensure adequate DCO procurement resource is in place to pay a key part of project delivery.
- Decision making will be required particularly around Procurement strategies and resource solution
- Lead, Initiate and implement project procurement strategies and governance frameworks for the DCO projects, including obtaining buy-in from key internal stakeholders.
- Lead team of procurement professionals and ensuring the DCO procurement team is adequately resourced and skilled to delivery DCO ambitions.
- Assess procurement risks (political, environment, technical, economic and legal) and develop appropriate procurement strategies.
- Lead the procurement of goods and services for new DCO projects and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives in line with approved procedures and EU procurement regulations including:
- Purchasing market research / market intelligence
- Preparation and issue of requests for quotation / invitations to tender
- Leading evaluation of bids and coordinating inputs from the wider evaluation team (technical, legal, HSE)
- Negotiation of commercial terms with preferred suppliers
- Ensuring timely contract awards.
- Provide commercial support and advice to the business.
- Support Principal Procurement Mgr in the development of the SSPW Procurement team and Business Improvement Projects.
- Liaise regularly with key suppliers to create a strategic supply chain for DCO projects
- Audit / review compliance with approved procurement procedures.
- Compile and evaluate periodic procurement KPI reports.
- Identify and promote new procurement opportunities for the business (e.g. new entrants, innovations, cost savings, etc.) in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Manage procurement activities on business systems (e.g. SAP) and act as a point of reference for business users.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- RICS or CIPS membership is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of procurement and contract management and a proven track record.
- Extensive experience of managing procurement for major construction projects and/or other energy projects.
- Experience in commercial administration of development and construction contracts and cost management.
- Knowledge of the renewables industry would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP or similar is desirable.
- A qualification in a relevant engineering, business or legal discipline would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of contract and construction law.
- Working knowledge of health and safety (e.g. IOSH, CDM) regulations.
- Knowledge of EU procurement regulations.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Negotiation skills.
- Procurement management skills.
- Team management and stakeholder management skills.
- Team player.