Contracts and Procurement Specialist (Solar/Storage)Posted 35 days ago
United Kingdom, Permanent
Sectors:Solar, StorageJob Reference: BH-6671
A new opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Specialist to manage procurement &
contract activities for our client’s Solar and Storage projects.
- Prequalification of EPC suppliers,
- Identification and selection of EPC suppliers for upcoming projects and development initiatives,
- Launching of EPC tenders,
- Analysis of bids,
- Tender qualification discussions with suppliers to ensure technical compliance,
- Negotiation and award of EPC contracts (£50K-£200M)
- Preparation of requisite governance documentation and preparation of meetings for financial commitment,
- Preparing purchase orders and contracts for goods, works and services in consultation with the wider team in accordance with best-value and approved company procedures.
- Management of the EPC contracts through construction commissioning and final account.
- Periodic travel to other offices or sites in UK and supplier visits may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading on contract negotiations with suppliers to ensure value for money, savings are achieved, and efficiencies are secured for the business whilst managing risk
- Supporting the CTO procurement team to initiate and implement procurement plans, including obtaining buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- Performing regular reviews of the performance of framework contracts within their market areas (i.e. goods supply or component refurbishment suppliers), where applicable.
- Leading the management of contracts including but not limited to, reporting, processing applications for payment and invoicing, variations to contract, claims, disputes, and final accounts.
- You will be an enthusiastic individual who can manage procurement activities in accordance with company procedures and acting as a point of reference for business users.
- Your skills and experience will ensure the post delivers targeted benefits and best value in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- You’ll ideally hold a degree in quantity surveying, procurement or a business-related discipline with a commercial background and ideally have previous experience in solar and or Storage.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills, and act with honesty and integrity.
- You’re driven by high standards of work and professionalism and will also have high expectations for yourself and the team. You can maintain an efficient manner throughout periods of increased pressure, and are accustomed to a fast-paced working environment, acting with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines spanning multiple and complex projects.
- As the Contract and Procurement Specialist you will develop and manage relationships with key suppliers, in order to improve supplier performance and promote a partnering approach to managing contracts, attending key supplier meetings as and when needed.
- Highly desirable, MCIPS or RICS qualified (or working towards full membership).
- Experience of working in a project team environment, ideally with a Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying / Procurement background
- Experience of EPC Procurement and Contract Management
- Experience in working in the Renewables sector
- Experience working in a capital-intensive industry (Utilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Defence).
- Proven ability to conduct successful tender negotiations with suppliers
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of procurement and contract management and a proven track record
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills, working knowledge of contract law
Apply Below Now !