Offshore Wind Procurement ManagerPosted 28 days ago
As a Procurement Manager with the Offshore Technical Centre, you will be responsible for undertaking procurement associated with services and works required for the development and construction of offshore wind projects primarily in support of our client’s offshore activities, and with the opportunity to support the wider offshore community.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Offshore Wind Procurement Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Initiating and implementing project procurement plans, including buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- Identification, qualification, and selection of suppliers.
- Assessing procurement risks (political, environment, technical, economic, and legal) and developing appropriate procurement strategies.
- Leading procurement of goods and services for new projects and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives in line with approved procedures and EU Procurement Regulations including:
- Purchasing market research/market intelligence
- Preparation and issue of requests for quotation/invitations to tender
- Leading evaluation of bids and co-ordinating inputs from the wider evaluation team (technical, legal, HSE)
- Negotiation of commercial terms with preferred suppliers
- Ensuring timely contract awards
- Commercial support post contract award to administer contracts
- Managing relationships with key suppliers
- Providing general commercial support and advice to the business
- Building long-term, trusting relationships with key suppliers
- Auditing/reviewing compliance with approved procurement procedures
- Compiling and evaluating periodic procurement KPI reports
- Identifying and promoting new procurement opportunities for the business (e.g. new entrants, innovations, cost savings etc.) in consultation with key stakeholders
- Managing procurement activities on business systems (e.g. SAP) and acting as a point of reference for business users
- Performance management and continuous improvement of the supply chain
- Promoting sustainable and ethical procurement in line with our client’s sustainability ambitions
Ideally, you will be a procurement manager who has the experience and ability to:
- Proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of procurement and contract management and a proven track record
- Knowledge of the renewables and/or construction industry would be advantageous
- Experience in commercial administration of development and construction contracts and cost management.
- Knowledge or SAP ERP or similar is desirable
- A qualification in a relevant engineering, business or legal discipline would be advantageous
- Experience of managing procurement for projects in Ireland would be advantageous