Lead Document ControllerPosted 36 days ago
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Document Controller to join them on a permanent basis working on a UK offshore windfarm project. The Lead Document Controller will be responsible for efficient and accurate management of documents on the offshore wind project and provide support to the wider project team for document control related matters and project reporting.
The role will also involve shaping best practices and being the subject matter expert. The successful candidate will have experience of working in equivalent roles within complex infrastructure projects, alongside expert knowledge of EDMS and sharepoint softwares.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and maintain the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) for the project and associated process / procedural documents.
- Effectively manage the data contained within the EDMS and ensure that information is easily accessible to the project team.
- Appropriately process and store project documentation within internal server and/or EDMS.
- Control security and access on the project within the EDMS and provide access to project team members as necessary.
- Provide basic training to the wider project team on the use of the EDMS (for example, as part of the induction for new starters to the project).
- Formally issue documentation to third parties and stakeholders.
- Work effectively with suppliers, consultants, and other external parties to ensure that information is distributed and managed correctly.
- Perform basic quality checks on all documents for compliance with company procedures and flag issues where needed prior to issue or formal acknowledgment of receipt.
- Closely monitor the project deliverables list and ensure that the project team are working to the correct procedures and templates.
- Maintain good working relationship with the Project Team in order to effectively deliver projects using the EDMS and undertake reasonable management instructions.
- Assist with the collation and preparation of project reporting on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Microsoft suite skills, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Sharepoint.
- Proven experience of document management in large infrastructure projects, with offshore wind experience a strong advantage.
- Experience of working with one or more of the mainstream EDMS tools (Aconex would be an advantage).
- Strong attention to detail, organised and excellent time management with ability to work autonomously
- Experience in gathering and consolidating qualitative and quantitative data into reports
- Good standard of spoken and written English.
- Open-minded and can-do attitude, able to work autonomously and proactively with excellent attention to detail.