Senior PlannerPosted 37 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Planner to join our client’s rapidly growing offshore wind business and support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Planner to join them on a permanent basis within the PMO team. Based in Edinburgh or London you will work across the project portfolio building and managing programmes for early-stage projects and aggregating, analysing, and reporting on programmes for development stage projects.
- Ownership of a portfolio of early stage/origination project programmes (schedules), maintaining and updating regularly to allow effective monitoring, forecasting, and control.
- Consolidation of the development stage project programmes (schedules) which are being managed by other planners/PMO professionals within project teams.
- Deliver monthly programme (schedule) reporting across a portfolio of projects in all stages.
- Own portfolio programme (schedule) monitoring, benchmarking, and analysis. Including schedule risk analysis, scenario planning and maintaining a record of key project schedule assumptions.
- Support ad hoc assurance / deep dive reviews of project programmes and schedule risk analysis.
- Ensure standard project control planning processes/ procedure requirements are met, understood and embedded across the project teams.
- Support super user / administration of Primavera P6.
- Extensive experience of planning / scheduling for offshore wind projects with experience in development and construction phase in client organisations desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Primavera P6 (v7 or newer), MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint with knowledge of risk and document management software an advantage
- Experience conducting schedule risk analysis
- Strong attention to detail, organised and excellent time management
- Strong relationship management with proactive and co-operative way of working.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor approach and present complex information to broad audiences.
- Degree educated or above, ideally supported by a post-graduate qualification in project management (PMI-PMP-APM).
- Willingness to travel
- Location: Hybrid in Edinburgh or London office
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills