66kV Authorized PersonPosted 30 days ago
Our client is looking for a Senior Authorised Person to join their team. You will be at the forefront of the offshore wind industry, owning, developing, managing and maintaining our client’s Project Electrical transmission system. The Senior Authorised Person will implement the electrical safety rules on site, including the safe system of work. Coordinate HV/MV commissioning activities thought the project construction stages. Advise operationally on HV electrical installations to WTG, Offshore Substations and both HV offshore and onshore cables. You will also oversee all HV/MV Electrical Operational activities to ensure safety, security and integrity of the HV network. You will be prepared to work rotation offshore throughout the construction phase of the project on a rotational basis.
- Safety coordination in electrical matters
- Working under Electrical Safety Rules
- Outage management and network control in collaboration with the Control Engineers
- Inspect work sites and perform site safety inspections and auditing for electrical matters
- Coordinate with the Lead SAP to ensure that accurate updates are distributed to the Lead Commissioning Management
- Prepare and check the switching schedules and safety document.
- Operate and safely isolate HV & MV equipment
- Check method statements for electrical matters
- Implement and provide training programmes for relevant staff according to the rules
- Onsite check of switching programs
- Support Offshore and Onshore packages
- Issue Permits and other relevant safety documents
Qualifications & Key Skills
- Appropriate electrical qualification and background related to the authorization scope.
- 5 years of operation and commissioning experience within the field of high voltage electricity, offshore experience preferable
- Minimum 2 year of working experience within onshore or offshore substations systems
- Minimum 1 year of working experience within wind turbines
- Full suite of GWO Certification inc. Medical and Chester Step