Senior Commercial Specialist (WTG)Posted 39 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Commercial Specialist / Manager to join our clients rapidly growing offshore wind business in the UK and support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave.
Our client is a global offshore wind business responsible for the successful management and delivery of a pipeline of 30+ GW of offshore wind projects, the origination of new opportunities and partnerships as well as the provision of asset management and advisory services to third party investors.
In this role, you will be expected to lead the delivery of the procurement and contracting strategy for the WTG package across the two projects, taking responsibility for all procurement and contract related matters including inter alia:
- Develop and deliver contracting strategies and efficient processes for tendering and reviewing WTG OEM proposals and negotiate contracts that result in the best value possible for the project.
- Challenge scope specifications to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be achieved
- Closely collaborate with the relevant project stakeholders to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages to support competitive tender processes
- Set out contracts that are fully compliant to support the business needs of the project and mitigate commercial risks to the project and drive appropriate supplier performance through effective key performance indicators. Determine when ultimate contract terms have been achieved and take responsibility for the same.
- Lead the tender evaluation process for the WTG contracts, establishing clear assessment criteria and transparent business case modelling standards.
- Ensure that all defined business processes and other applicable regulations are implemented in the project
- You will use your strong relationship building skills to engage with and influence a variety of key project stakeholders as well as senior business managers outside the project.
- There will also be ad hoc decision support activities, including driving strategic initiatives and supporting the whole Offshore Wind business in its procurement and contract management activities.
- Your procurement skills and qualifications will include either
- CIPS or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in offshore wind related developments or related businesses, ideally with demonstrable experience in tendering and negotiating WTG supply agreements.
- Outstanding communication skills and commercial acumen, strong relationship management skills, a well-developed attention to detail with capacity to appreciate the “big picture” as well as prior experience of working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment will hold you in good stead to be successful in this role.