SHEW AdvisorPosted 70 days ago
United Kingdom, Contract
Sectors:Onshore WindJob Reference: BH-6537
- Reporting to the SHW Manager Renewables - Solar & Battery (SB) Onshore Development and Constructions, you will support multiple Onshore Development projects to ensure application of consistent SHW compliance and to keep people, assets, and the environment safe from harm.
- A key element of this role is to develop a suite of Onshore Project SHE documentation covering all aspects of an onshore Solar & Battery (SB) development project and ensuring these are consistently applied across all our projects.
- Duties include, actively applying and promoting the relevant health, safety and well-being policies and standards across the project. Establishing and managing appropriate operational standards, processes, communication, and training to ensure SHW risks are appropriately controlled within statutory parameters for the project.
- Development and implementation of effective controls and appropriate standards to reinforce and share best practice.
- Share lessons learnt from incident investigations across the project.
- Carry out assurance audits against the application/implementation of the Safety Charter as well as reinforcing positive and challenging negative behaviours when observed.
- Supporting the SHW Manager (S&B) to ensure the provision of the necessary support and guidance for Onshore Renewable (S&B) projects to be able to manage their risks.
- Complete due diligence exercises, SHW assessments/audits of businesses, organisations, and contractors.
- Deputise for the SHW (S&B) Manager when required.
- Support the SHW Manager (S&B) to ensure that the correct resources are allocated and that the projects within their remit are delivered minimising TRIR, AFR and environmental impact.
- Review for acceptance package specific SHW documentation submitted by subcontractors.
- Working with the wider Renewables Capital Projects SHW team to deliver the Safety Family requirements in line with the Safety Programme, ensuring this is delivered in a clear, consistent, and frequent way including working with Preferred / Strategic Contractors to develop stronger, safer, and respectful relationships on site.
- Support the SHW Manager (S&B) to enhance the capabilities of their project managers to engage with their teams on all safety matters to support the reduction of the frequency and severity of incidents across the project.
- The SHW Advisor will support the SHW (S&B) Manager with a range of assurance activities to ensure the standards are set at the correct levels for the behavioural safety capability and competency across the project.
- The SHW advisor will support the SHE Manager (S&B) in ensuring the correct culture in relation to behavioural safety across the project.
- In the absence of the project SHW Manager the SHW Advisor may be required to engage with relevant third-party agencies and organisations to ensure that the project team is well represented externally in line with project requirements.
- Support the development of project staff on Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellbeing and wider behavioural safety (Safety Family).
- The SHW Advisor will provide support, guidance and advice for Project Managers and project teams.
- Ensure effective support is provided to the project team for serious incidents.
- Lead on investigations as appropriate.
- Apply a range of SHW tools and techniques to determine the root cause of an injury/illness/incident to avoid recurrence.
- Manage the escalation process and ensure incidents are reviewed, recorded, communicated, and reported at the appropriate levels.
- The SHW Advisor will support the SHW (S&B) Manager to apply the SHW tools and techniques to determine appropriate and timely remedial actions and communications to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide direct leadership support to Local Safety Committees as required.
- Deputise for the project SHW Manager (S&B) when required.
- Support the development and adherence of the audit programme in conjunction with the SHE Support and Assurance team. Evaluate SHEW performance including leading indicators, SHEW policy compliance and cultural profile for business and group level assurance purposes, including and highlighting regulatory changes.
- Ensure that project team are fully briefed in relation to findings and related actions.
- Contribute to design and delivery of the projects overall, SHW (S&B) strategy. Support, design and implement programmes, material and initiatives relating to the Safety Charter, SSoW and Contractor Safety
- Experience of managing high hazard industry risks related to the onshore wind renewable industry.
- Application of SHW policies and strategies in a project environment.
- Working Knowledge and application construction regulations
- Experience in procuring, managing, and monitoring performance associated with contractor and supplier appointments.
- Understanding of development, design, and construction activities.
- Experience in a similar role for a large-scale onshore construction project
- Experience of pre-assembly, Installation, and commissioning activities.
- Experience of new build onshore substations and the processes involved with managing safety from the system.
- Experience in Incident Investigation using a formal recognised process.
- Experience reviewing and commenting on contractor construction phase plans and HSE plans.
- Undergraduate qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Management and/or hold a scientific, environmental, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering qualification or sufficient industry experience (Minimum of 3 years)
- Registered member of IOSH or equivalent professional body (or desire to work towards)
- Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments techniques
- Good understanding of SHEW Management Systems, SHEW Risks & Republic of Ireland Legal Framework
- Trained and experienced in Incident Investigation.
- Determine degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation.
- Managing specialist SHW technical disciplines
- SHW review of design, construction, and operations solutions
- Fully understands the commercial impact of decisions.
- Ability to produce business level and operational level SHE related documentation including procedures, guidance notes and contractual requirements.
- Acts as a Role model to establish effective team working.
- Committed to and believes in the leadership team(s) and their decisions and actions.
- Maintains business focus.
- Facilitates and supports creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work and deliver against challenging constraints.
- Confident personality – ability to coach senior leaders and challenge their approach effectively.
- Streetwise – ability to engage and communicate effectively with people all levels.
- Awareness of personal and corporate safety practices.
- Ability to proactively drive positive change.
Apply Below Now !