Project Engineer (Design & Interface)Posted 21 days ago
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6402
The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating multi‐disciplined engineering work to ensure delivery of a safe, competitive, optimised design and integrated project that functions between assets and contract boundaries. This includes the control and management of technical interfaces between both permanent and temporary works; support to package managers and engineering leads in the management of information flow and contractual documentation across the project; as well as in wider engineering management. The role is a direct report to the Engineering Manager.
- Directly support Engineering Manager in defining the overall technical concept of coordinating engineering work across technical disciplines
- Coordinate engineering work between the packages in close collaboration with the Project Managers and Discipline Engineers, as well as with the Certification Engineer, with due regard to project schedule
- Champion continuous improvement within workstreams; with a particular focus on safety, project economics, inclusion of any innovation or auction specific requirements
- Maintain robust auditable documentation of the workstreams.
- Strive to remain well‐informed of technological innovations and practices through regular contact with other teams, projects, departments, industry and academic experts
- Provide technical, project, budget and other contract management support to the project Engineering Manager as required
- Ensure the activities take account of HSE&S considerations alongside deliverability, project commercial drivers and other design constraints
- Continuous support to work packages in identification of technical interface risks and facilitation of interface issue resolution
- Develop, apply and maintain interface management tools and monitoring processes, including those for scope management and for interface documentation transfer
- Ensure the compatibility of technical specifications and scopes throughout the design phase, in supply contracts and during manufacturing
- Communicating interface risk to the Engineering and Package Managers and other relevant project stakeholders
- Coordination of regular interface meetings with suppliers and work packages
- Planning and implementation of work packages such as mock‐ups, test pieces and trials required for design development
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and industry best practice
- Experience in Interface Engineering
- Ideally experience in Marine Logistics, T&I for Offshore Wind Projects
Apply Below Now !