Communications SpecialistPosted 21 days ago
New York, New York, United StatesContract
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6398
Join our client as a Communications Specialist contractor reporting to their NYC office. This is a new addition to their team as they are strengthening their presence in renewable energies. The Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the successful development of offshore wind projects in the New York Bight within the Attentive Energy team.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in Communications, Public Affairs, Marketing, or Journalism.
- 5+ years of experience in a public relation, electoral campaigns, advocacy, corporate or state/federal government communications, and media relations.
- Experience with external advocacy campaigns utilizing a variety of earned social and paid media tactics.
- Experience with marketing and communications strategies or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in reporting and analysis on the effectiveness of external communications campaigns, including Google analytics.
- Ability to analyse media coverage, tone and public narratives on relevant issues.
- Ability to travel and attend relevant project events, stakeholder meetings and initiatives;
- Excellent writing, research and presentation skills across various mediums;
- Demonstrated an ability to work independently and establish clear and measurable objectives while prioritizing and organizing a varied workload.
- Knowledge and/or experience with infrastructure, climate and clean energy issues preferred.
- Our client regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
- Developing, managing, and executing a strategic communications plan, including evaluation of key metrics and preparing recommendations for improvement
- Developing hyper-local and state-wide positioning strategy and sponsorship targets in New York and New Jersey
- Supporting efforts to successfully position the project and team within local markets.
- Drafting, managing and maintaining content for all digital platforms including social media and website.
- Managing and executing webinars and virtual town halls
- Supporting stakeholder engagement by drafting content and managing local media engagement and monitoring
- Managing all digital outreach platforms (Mailchimp, Sprout, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Managing paid media content efforts and placement per platform/market
- Coordinating and managing event participation, sponsorships and developing prep materials and deliverables
- Managing ongoing competitor tracking initiative and following industry trends
- Supporting message development and content for talking points
- Internal communications and team guidance regarding message, brand guidelines and content development
- Our client is committed to balancing flexibility while fostering strong relationships among their team members. Their office-based employees work together from dynamic workspaces 3 days per week to build teamwork through collaboration while also having the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week. The anticipated pay for this position is $50 - $56 hourly USD. Compensation packages are based on experience, qualifications, and market.
Apply Below Now !