Interface EngineerPosted 21 days ago
London, Greater London, South East, EnglandContract
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6396
The Interface Engineer; Engineering & Consenting on our client’s project will support the Engineering Technical Managers for the Generation & Transmission assets through Discharge Consent Order (DCO) process. The objective of the role is to manage the boundaries within which the project is seeking permission to engineer and construct its permanent assets. This is a critical role that will require strong technical understanding and fundamentals, excellent command of the English language with written and oral communication for both internal and external stakeholders and a keen ability to coordinate with multiple departments.
What You Will Deliver
What You Will Deliver
- Support the Project’s Technical Managers in the effectively progressing through the DCO process, with a strong focus on the Examination phase to communicate the engineering scope, manage incoming queries and their responses both written and in formal examination hearings.
- To attend examination hearings and support project members (ie. Technical Managers) representing the project.
- Manage the interface with the engineering team and the consenting and stakeholder engagement team to meet the requirements of the external examination process including managing clarifications and effectively recording status, responses, and mitigation actions.
- This role will specifically be part of an integrated client project team working closely with the Technical Managers within the joint venture.
- Travel may include up to 30% to North Wales/ Northwest England. At critical times of examination will require individual to be available to be present in region.
- A minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience; specifically with time in engineering or and environmental & social advisory/ management.
- Self-starter; inclusive and respectful individual capable of building strong relationships, influencing and collaborating with others; understanding the big picture and driving focus on what matters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong command of the English language (spoken word and grammar).
- Demonstrated interface management, project management/ project engineering.
- Desirable Criteria:
- Experience in offshore wind and the English DCO process
- Knowledge of project consenting principles and applications & experience of stakeholder management
- Knowledge of design, construction and operation of offshore windfarms and transmission systems.
- Professional technical and/or project management accreditation
- You should be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile team environment with competing priorities, including understanding roles and responsibilities within interfacing teams. You should be able to develop collaborative working relationships and to influence project delivery teams to ensure that that the construction work integrates well into the overall project plan.
Apply Below Now !