Lead Engineer (Fixed Foundations)Posted 22 days ago
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland, ScotlandPermanent
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6387-1
The Lead Engineer Fixed Foundations role will be to provide technical input and expertise on the fixed foundations for the OWF and the OSS foundations for both projects during the full lifecycle of development and operations. The role includes engineering and design responsibility, interfacing with other workstreams and packages, managing consultants and contractors and BoP support in order to ensure timely and efficient project delivery.
- Providing input to and implementing the project engineering strategy and plans relating to the offshore foundations.
- Deliver integrated engineering solutions and facilitate the key technical interfaces between Foundations package and external contractors and support technical interfaces within the BoP packages and between other workstreams
- Procuring the required engineering services through tendering or negotiation (preparation, evaluation and selection of preferred consultants), managing design contracts and various consultants whilst ensuring associated interfaces are addressed.
- Undertake critical technical reviews of offshore structural design work.
- Identify and quantify design and foundation associated risks and mitigation measures with the objective of enhancing value including involvement of certification bodies.
- Contribute to the development and definition of internal procedures, engineering standards and technical acceptance criteria for the project.
- Provision of technical support relating to offshore wind structures for certification, fabrication, transport & installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Manage and provide design guidance and internal technical verification of WTG and OSS foundations.
- Inform DevEx, CapEx and OpEx assumptions and estimates relating to offshore structures throughout the various stages of project development.
- Assist with the preparation of construction contracts (e.g. employer's requirements and technical specifications) and contribute to project scheduling / budgeting and risk management
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, project partners, external design consultants and contractors to produce optimal solutions suiting project objectives.
- University level to Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering Civil/Structural/Mechanical.
- 5 + years of proven experience in wind, oil and gas, construction, engineering or similar (preferably in offshore wind or transmissions systems).
- Proven experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities related to offshore foundations and the management of these activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of offshore wind principles and foundation technical and commercial drivers.
- Knowledge and experience of planning, managing and executing offshore foundation design contracts, design management, program management, cost and risk control.
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards.
- Knowledge of integrated loads analysis, primary and secondary steel designs, corrosion protection systems, structural materials, welding, fatigue, bolt design, FE analysis, environmental loading, transport and installation, operation and maintenance
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, deliver your own ideas and results, and perform high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore including CDM (2015).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to building deep connections and networks within the organization.
Apply Below Now !