Lead Engineer (Floating Foundations)Posted 16 days ago
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland, ScotlandPermanent
Sectors:Offshore WindJob Reference: BH-6386
Reporting into the BOP Manager, the Lead Engineer Floating Foundations role will be to provide technical input and expertise on the floating foundations and OSS foundations for during the full lifecycle of development and operations. The role includes driving the floating foundation technology selection process, engineering and design responsibility, interfacing with other workstreams and packages, managing consultants and contractors (including OEMs) and BoP support in order to ensure timely and efficient project delivery.
- Leading the design and analysis of floating Substructures, mooring, and anchoring systems for Ayre Offshore Wind Farm project at various stages of the project (PreFEED, FEED and Detail Design)
- Managing the relationships and liaising closely with floating OEMs
- Translating engineering issues in CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to OEM Engineers and Designer consultant engineers and team members
- Identifying and mitigating reasonably foreseeable risks related to substructure mooring and anchors
- Ensuring that Designers fulfil their duties and collaborate effectively with one another
- Conducting regular audits and monitoring Designer compliance with CDM regulations
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, and utility and grid companies as required
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on projects
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Demonstrable experience of working in offshore wind projects
- Primary degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or other relevant discipline for offshore engineering
- Experience in the development, design or installation of floating foundations is highly desirable
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Solid working knowledge of foundation design, dynamic analysis (floating systems), hydrodynamics, loading in wind, waves and currents, structural dynamics and fatigue, and the design of plated structures, mooring and anchor systems
- Knowledge of international structural and marine design codes and standards in the offshore wind industry
- Strong influencing and communication skills, including a record of delivering results through others, and demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the offshore windfarm development and foundation design process
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and, in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind is desirable but not essential
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation.
Apply Below Now !