Location: UK Remote
On behalf of our client, a tier 1 module manufacturer, LSP Renewables are recruiting for an Associate Legal Counsel in the UK to join their downstream / project business.
The successful candidate will provide legal support for the UK branch, and other jurisdictions as needed, which is currently developing an extensive portfolio of solar and battery projects throughout the UK. The successful candidate will support the existing UK legal team and will provide legal support through all areas of project development as well as general corporate support to the business.
- The preparation of, and advice on, project documentation (to include land agreements, grid agreements, legal planning documents, as well as relevant claims, EPC and O&M, AMA, consortium agreements, partnership agreements, financings and credit facility agreements and ancillary finance documentation as well as corporate housekeeping, set-up and liquidation of subsidiaries, as required.
- Draft and negotiate various contracts and documents and support the organization operationally including corporate housekeeping, set-up and liquidation of subsidiaries, as required.
- Assist to develop standard operating procedures, guidelines and documentation templates.
- Stay abreast of the applicable legal framework and regulations for our clients industry.
- Study the regulatory issues and framework in which the business operates and take responsibility for the development of informed solutions enabling the business to respond to and deal with regulatory constraints.
- Coordinate with regulatory authorities, customers, counterparties and other colleagues.
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales.
- At least 3 years PQE at either a leading law firm or in-house.
- Strong academics with a law degree (or equivalent).
- Experience in real estate and/or corporate. Experience in permitting of energy projects in the UK is desirable.
- Team player and hard-worker, can-do attitude, with a good business judgement in providing compliant and business friendly legal solutions attention to detail. Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, manage multiple projects are of essence.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and possess analytical skills necessary for competent legal interpretation.
- Experience in the PV / renewable energy industry a plus.
- Fluent in English, other languages would be a significant advantage.